• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

255 confirmed kills: Meet Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

Re: 255 confirmed kills: Meet Navy SEAL Chris Kyle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this guy went God mode</span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...o=feeds-newsxml

</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">God mode?</span> What the fuck do you think he does? Run around on a COD map willy-nilly?

*Must restrain myself from bashing the noob*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this guy went God mode, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold">AznDragon533..............what's that? Your Call of Duty screen name?</span>

Grow a bit of respect for the man,

1. Served his country EXCEPTIONALLY and with HONOR
2. Gave up what he loved, to be with his wife and children

Lot more to say about him than wondering who built his rifle.

Your new, but you will learn............hopefully

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this guy went God mode</span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">God mode?</span> What the fuck do you think he does? Run around on a COD map willy-nilly? </div></div>

Oh shut up you pompous hippo. Besides, I'd say 'Devil mode' if the enemy is any judge... will be ordering the book, should make for a great read.

"God mode" huh?

Well, this guy was obviously trained by Chuck Norris; this is the only logical explanation for him being so awesome in combat.

"God mode" in this context I don't believe is in any way disrespectful. Given that the enemy feared him to the extent that they called him a devil and that he was shot twice and was in numerous IED explosions I'd say deity-level resilience is on par with the man's service record.

It's just a popular culture reference meaning immortal and invincible. Nothing derogatory. That's my take on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this guy went God mode</span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">God mode?</span> What the fuck do you think he does? Run around on a COD map willy-nilly? </div></div>Nope, Contra. n00b

Thanks, I never saw this. What's his name on this site?

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">LOL LOL</span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this guy went <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">God mode</span></span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>

im with <span style="color: #3366FF">Poison123</span>

Team Honey Badger, that sounds so familiar where have i head that before

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this guy went God mode</span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">God mode?</span> What the fuck do you think he does? Run around on a COD map willy-nilly? </div></div>

Oh shut up you pompous hippo. Besides, I'd say 'Devil mode' if the enemy is any judge... will be ordering the book, should make for a great read. </div></div>

Why does it matter what he does Veer? Guy is just posting a story....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AznDragon533</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this guy went God mode</span>, wonder what his custom .300 Winchester Magnum is?

</div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000">Oh shut up you pompous hippo</span>. Besides, I'd say 'Devil mode' if the enemy is any judge... will be ordering the book, should make for a great read. </div></div>

Winning! </div></div>

Winning? Hardly. Having to take cheap shots at someone in order to feel better about yourself doesn't fit in there somehow, especially when you need to tag-team in order to do it.

That appears to be a McMillan Tac338 btw

Did anyone else see his interview on Fox News? Not bashing the guy but he looked like he might have had a wee bit of Jack Daniels in his tummy.

This guy is an impressive soldier, I'd like to shake his hand.
Enough said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HSNARC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else see his interview on Fox News? Not bashing the guy but he looked like he might have had a wee bit of Jack Daniels in his tummy. </div></div>

Just taking the edge off before the interview... lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the Chief was just a little perturbed with the newsbabe's sheep attitude and reacted accordingly. He appeared on the O'Reilly Factor and it was a much better interview:

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/01/0...d-kills-reveals-why-he-punched-jesse-ventura/

Hooyah Chief.</div></div>

Some of the rude comments on that video just makes me see red.

One of these two is about to loose ALL credibility - Chris Kyle claims he was in a bar fight with Jessie Ventura b/c Ventura says "the SEALs deserved to loose a few guys" while at a wake for SEAL Mike Monsoor.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhjHWovwix4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhjHWovwix4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy is an impressive soldier, I'd like to shake his hand.
Enough said. </div></div>

Not to belittle soldiers, because I was one once (11B20C2). this guy was a Navy Seal, that makes him a sailor, not a soldier. Just a pet pev I been having lately.

True, seal, sailor get it. But his tours were on land, not water. And his hide was a highrise not a boat. Sailor or soldier, still a hell of a guy and I'm glad he's on our side.

I'm about a third of the way thru his book, a great read so far and he gave some serious props to George Gardner and GAPrecision. Looking forward to the rest.

It a good book gets a little repetative at the end but a good read. I wish him the best with his school.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/15sLnzRTsJE&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/15sLnzRTsJE&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Winning? Hardly. <span style="color: #FF0000">Having to take cheap shots at someone in order to feel better about yourself </span>doesn't fit in there somehow, especially when you need to tag-team in order to do it. </div></div>

you would know fat man, you would know. Damn, you're so fat you can tag-team solo...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Winning? Hardly. <span style="color: #FF0000">Having to take cheap shots at someone in order to feel better about yourself </span>doesn't fit in there somehow, especially when you need to tag-team in order to do it. </div></div>

you would know fat man, you would know. Damn, you're so fat you can tag-team solo...</div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Now, that right there is funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy is an impressive soldier, I'd like to shake his hand.

It's beyond amusing how many folks are lionizing Kyle, particularly when his fairy tale about "punching out" Ventura has no basis in fact, or corroborating witnesses.

Whether you like Ventura or not, to suggest he'd wish casualties on the UDT/Seal community is beyond silly.

Kyle's narrative doesn't pass the stink test, and he's going to have some serious explaining to do when all the facts are known.

I've known Chris for a few years now. He's a good dude, modest and always around to help. He doesn't talk very much about his deployments though.

Does it not seem just a bit odd that this alleged incident was NOT included Kyle's book?

5+ years after the alleged incident, no police report, and no witnesses?

Why is Kyle's narrative presented as factual without any corroboration?

Whether you like Ventura or not, to suggest he'd wish harm upon UDT/Seal community smacks of disinformation.

Kyle is about to learn firsthand that he's in an actionable situation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've known Chris for a few years now. He's a good dude, modest and always around to help. He doesn't talk very much about his deployments though. </div></div>

+1

Same here Brian. Chris wouldn't be saying it if it were not the truth. There were a lot of Seals at that "Seal" bar in Coronado that can back that claim up. I'm sure the Teams have been getting mighty tired of 'Ol Jessie's claims over the years (even more since he's been getting to be more and more unhinged and a loose cannon) and look at him as a pariah. They don't even want to be associated with him anymore. Chris just made a very public stand to maybe break that chain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does it not seem just a bit odd that this alleged incident was NOT included Kyle's book?

5+ years after the alleged incident, no police report, and no witnesses?

Why is Kyle's narrative presented as factual without any corroboration?

Whether you like Ventura or not, to suggest he'd wish harm upon UDT/Seal community smacks of disinformation.

Kyle is about to learn firsthand that he's in an actionable situation. </div></div>

You should be a CSI......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy is an impressive soldier, I'd like to shake his hand.

It's beyond amusing how many folks are lionizing Kyle, particularly when his fairy tale about "punching out" Ventura has no basis in fact, or corroborating witnesses.

Whether you like Ventura or not, to suggest he'd wish casualties on the UDT/Seal community is beyond silly.

Kyle's narrative doesn't pass the stink test, and he's going to have some serious explaining to do when all the facts are known.

</div></div>
DO NOT ATTACK NEW MEMBERS! *****

This has been going on too much lately. Someone asks a question that some feel isn't worth it and the feeding frenzy commences. Well it stops now. This is the first and final warning. We see it and you will get a 3 day ban the first time. Happens again and you are gone for 3 months.

You guys who spend more time in the Bear Pit or Maggie's Drawers posting stupid pictures than shooting or posting on shooting got it? It's done.

If there are problems then that is what Mod alerts are for. Asking a question that someone feels is stupid isn't a problem. Asking a question that has been asked before isn't either. Anyone new or old member causing problems deliberately should be brought up to the mods. Too long has this place run like the wild west. The Mods are here for a reason. If there is a problem then alert us.

Read the forum rules if you are unclear as to what is right and wrong to be posted around here. Lowlight is the man who wrote them and it's his word that will be followed and not what some members think.

Your making comments above your pay grade.

I would imagine a lot of things are not in the book since the DOD reviewed and edited some of it. A publicist or editor would probably ask for some things to be omitted as well.

Who was attacking who? I dont get it?

Also I purchased the iPad extended edition and it has some video of him shooting at a range and what not. I am waiting until I get on the plane to fly back to the US to start reading. I can't wait!

EDIT: I see now that I read back... yea I get it. Also wasn't there already a warning?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would imagine a lot of things are not in the book since the DOD reviewed and edited some of it. A publicist or editor would probably ask for some things to be omitted as well. </div></div>

A publisher is also keenly aware of being sued for libel, which begs the question why this "incident" is nowhere to be found in Kyle's book.

Just a coincidence?

I've no horse in the race, but find it curious how some folks are willing to pass summary judgment on Ventura without fully knowing all the facts.

Ventura is the same idiot who believes the twin towers were brought down by controlled demolition.

Aside from the Ventura BS, this story is quite amazing. I cannot imagine walking around with those images for the rest if my life. Enemy or not, we are all human and it would be silly to think that it wouldn't change who you are at the core. All of my friends that gave completed tours of duty during this war have struggled with the engagements that took place over there. They also choose to rarely talk about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insayn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would imagine a lot of things are not in the book since the DOD reviewed and edited some of it. A publicist or editor would probably ask for some things to be omitted as well. </div></div>

A publisher is also keenly aware of being sued for libel, which begs the question why this "incident" is nowhere to be found in Kyle's book.

Just a coincidence?

I've no horse in the race, but find it curious how some folks are willing to pass summary judgment on Ventura without fully knowing all the facts.

</div></div>

Nor do I...I wasn't there. Its just going to be a he said, he deny deal between the 2 until others come forth. Ventura already gave a radio interview over the account denying the incident. It would probably been better if he said they had a confrontation and nothing more.

Reading his book right now. 1/3 done and its a great read. Id be glad to buy the man a beer and shake his hand. Fellow Texan like Marcus Luttrell, cant be too bad.

Chris will be signing boks today at Barnes & Noble 7700 W Northwest Hwy today at 7pm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reading his book right now. 1/3 done and its a great read. Id be glad to buy the man a beer and shake his hand. Fellow Texan like Marcus Luttrell, cant be too bad.

</div></div>

If Kyle has fabricated this "incident" and lied as Ventura charges, would you still be glad to buy him a beer?

It appears many here won't consider the very real possibility that Kyle may in fact be the one really disgraced himself.

As I've indicated before, I've no horse in the race, and only want the truth to be known.

If Ventura is lying, he deserves to be pilloried, and Kyle will be vindicated.

But it that's not the case, there's an awful lot of people who'll be owing Ventura an apology for condemning him based on a lie.

Far too many folks seem willing to accept Kyle's account as fact, I won't without corroboration, and that's really my main contention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Montag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Reading his book right now. 1/3 done and its a great read. Id be glad to buy the man a beer and shake his hand. Fellow Texan like Marcus Luttrell, cant be too bad.

</div></div>

If Kyle has fabricated this "incident" and lied as Ventura charges, would you still be glad to buy him a beer?

It appears many here won't consider the very real possibility that Kyle may in fact be the one really disgraced himself.

As I've indicated before, I've no horse in the race, and only want the truth to be known.

If Ventura is lying, he deserves to be pilloried, and Kyle will be vindicated.

But it that's not the case, there's an awful lot of people who'll be owing Ventura an apology for condemning him based on a lie.

Far too many folks seem willing to accept Kyle's account as fact, I won't without corroboration, and that's really my main contention.

</div></div>

As someone mentioned already, it seems rather odd to me that if Ventura actually made such comments and the altercation did happen, why isn't the incident in the book? I mean, if it is indeed factual, such content would help sell the book.

Guys, the incident IS in the book. He doesn't name Jesse Ventura by name, but mentions him as a former Navy SEAL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these two is about to loose ALL credibility - Chris Kyle claims he was in a bar fight with Jessie Ventura b/c Ventura says "the SEALs deserved to loose a few guys" while at a wake for SEAL Mike Monsoor.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhjHWovwix4&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhjHWovwix4&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

very true.
ventura is now apparently claiming this punching incident never happened.
i'll be interested in who comes out on top on this one as there isnt even any grey area room to speculate on this one.

well he definitely mentions him by name there in the interview.

Good on him for punching Jesse in the face if that's the way it went down. And Good on him for 255 confirmed terrorists killed. We need more like him. We need the numbers to look like that every time.

</div></div>

more like nimbly bimbly, but point well made good sir!

The confrontation is definately in the book and who takes Ventura seriously on anything anymore? Seriously, he's a 911 truther for gods sake!