• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25X-30X optics on a budget

300zx_tt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2021
South East Pennsylvania
Hey all, haven’t shopped for an optic in the $800-$1200 range for a while and was wondering what I should be considering. I have viper pst Gen II’s, a couple of Athlon Ares and a razor Gen III.

I’m looking for something with 25x or 30x.
I also like the 34mm tube and 56mm objective lens. I typically get out early mornings and evenings so good low light performance is nice
Also I’d like an FFP optic.

This is going on my wife’s (my other) 6.5 creed Tikka.

Budget isn’t necessarily for MSRP, I’d buy used if I could.

MPO 5-25 is an option too. I haven't used their 5-25 but the reticle is scaled to be larger at lower magnification which would be great at first and last light. Illuminated too I believe

Reactions: 300zx_tt
xtr3...I bought the 5.5-30made in USA version before the 3i and the Pro. It was worth the $1700 I paid. At $1400 they are a steal. They can be found for around $1200 if you look in the right places and ask the right questions.

Reactions: YotaEer
I’m not convinced I need more than 15-18X. Maybe you do though. I would obsess about lowlight performance and not get worried about the mag if it were me. Or move the budget to $3500.

Athlon Cronus BTR Gen1 or Gen2 (used)
Burris XTR3 Illuminated (new) or USA (used)
Or any other LOW scope (Delta, Toric, Bushnell, Trijicon, etc...)

Is there really any difference between all the different LOW products? Or just small feature differences such as Parallax and such?

Brownells MPO. Great optic and if you ever decide you don’t like it or want to upgrade from it you can send it back for a refund/credit and not lose any $$.

Brownells MPO. Great optic and if you ever decide you don’t like it or want to upgrade from it you can send it back for a refund/credit and not lose any $$.
No wonder shit costs so much at Brownells. I can see a limited time satisfaction guarantee, but "ever" is crazy.

That said, I still buy there because I have always had good CS from them, and they put a ton of stuff on prize tables in the midwest.

Reactions: spife7980
Is there really any difference between all the different LOW products? Or just small feature differences such as Parallax and such?
We'll never know for certain...

The small differences are the obvious ones, but the glass and mechanical bits are less obvious. I bet they share some mechanical pieces with customized turrets and glass specifications.

It does seem like they have a base/house design where the Cronus/Stryker/Tenmile/Tract/PA PLX all look very similar in external appearances and basic specs. Where the Razors and XRS' have another layer of engineering, or are very different base designs.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I am thinking about purchasing something in the spring, and all these of are interest and whatever else shows up at shot show. The Sightron 40x also seems to be kind of in this price range.

I will just keep trolling and reading till then.

It looks like the Bushnell and Leupold would also be worth considering depending on which one is marked down the most. When do the Thanksgiving sales start?

delta 5x50x56 34mm buy once cry once pat your self on the back you did good sparky .
might even be online somewhere for cheaper .

delta 5x50x56 34mm buy once cry once pat your self on the back you did good sparky .
might even be online somewhere for cheaper .
SFP? Gross...