• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

25x47 - 6 dasher

bodhisafa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2013
Needing some recommendation:

Would like to put something together for PRS style competitions.

For those that have used both of these cartridges, Does one have an advantage over the other?

Would it be advantages to have two rigs one used for no wind days (6dasher) and the other for windy days (25x47)?

I have a 6 dasher and have been shooting 25CM for like 3 years so pretty similar to what you’re asking. They’re both fully capable and fun to shoot. Maybe the dasher is a little easier to find a load for off the bat but I had no issues with any of my 25CM barrels. Bullet selection and barrel blank availability will be the biggest issue with .25 cal as it still isn’t so mainstream. Brass is available for both so wash.
With a good bullet like a 109 or 110 in the dasher is easily competes at closer ranges with the 25. Once you start to get past about 700 or so and there’s gusts of wind the dasher will get pushed around more.
One important aspect I like is the bigger splash on plate of bigger bullets. On a day where conditions are tough and trace is hard to see bigger splash helps. Even in mud or snow or rain. I mostly shoot bigger bullets these days and haven’t shot my dasher in awhile. No shame on it and it’s a great caliber, I’ve just trended a different way.

I don't shoot as many matches as I would like, but I do get out weekly to shoot boltguns and have to say that I shoot more 308 then anything and learning to read the wind and working on you calls would be the best weapon to add anyone's arsenal.

That being said I have a 6GT and 6BRA that I shoot frequently, and am currently having a 25x47 cut just to try out for its ballistic advantages... but I still think knowing how to read the wind and making good calls helps more then any caliber change... but maybe a .25 will be life changing.

I don't shoot as many matches as I would like, but I do get out weekly to shoot boltguns and have to say that I shoot more 308 then anything and learning to read the wind and working on you calls would be the best weapon to add anyone's arsenal.

That being said I have a 6GT and 6BRA that I shoot frequently, and am currently having a 25x47 cut just to try out for its ballistic advantages... but I still think knowing how to read the wind and making good calls helps more then any caliber change... but maybe a .25 will be life changing.
I wouldn’t call it life changing lol I’ve been alternating between 6.5CM, Dasher, and 25CM. Just got my 25x47 barrel in today. It’s nice to have options but if you can call wind with 1 caliber you can do it with all of them. Some give a little more forgiveness than others but it isn’t life changing.

Reactions: Bigrederic
I wouldn’t call it life changing lol I’ve been alternating between 6.5CM, Dasher, and 25CM. Just got my 25x47 barrel in today. It’s nice to have options but if you can call wind with 1 caliber you can do it with all of them. Some give a little more forgiveness than others but it isn’t life changing.
I am just being dramatic... I myself am a caliber whore... I just don't want to ever elude to a caliber making all the difference. Just wishing I could stick with one caliber myself... hell I can't stick with one rifle in a caliber, I seem to have several in some calibers.

More efficient bullets should give you a larger margin for error... the science doesn't lie on that.

Last edited:
I am just being dramatic... I myself am a caliber whore... I just ever want to elude to a caliber making all the difference. Just wishing I could stick without one caliber myself... hell I can't stick with one rifle in a caliber, I seem to have several in some calibers.

More efficient bullets should give you a larger margin for error... the science doesn't lie on that.
Yea I’m in the same boat lol so I know exactly where you’re coming from. Despite what the science says it doesn’t account for my ass behind the gun hahah

Reactions: Bigrederic
The 6gt with 110 atips or 115 dtacs at 2850-2900 runs pretty dang close in the wind next to a 25x47. I have a 25cm, 6gt, 65cm and 6bra for prs barrels. The 25cm at 2860 with 135s has the same wind as the 65cm shooting 153.3s at 2630. The gt with dtacs at 2860 is 0.1 mil more wind, the bra with 105s at 2850 is 0.2 mil more than the 65/25creeds. I have had so many problems with alpha 6bra brass giving bolt lift that I'm gonna rechamber the low round count barrels to long freebore 6gt. I don't see much difference in 24# rifles in recoil between them. Comparing all these bullets at 700y in my typical summer conditions with a 100% value 8mph wind, the bra only has 4.2" more drift than the 25cm. That'll still be well on plate with the same exact wind hold on all 4 rifles. So in the end.......pick the cartridge you like and shoot the best, and become the master of it, cuz it really don't matter, unless you're shooting 308! Haha