• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 ammo?

Re: .260 ammo?

my 260 is a 1-8 twist and likes 142 smk bullets. i dont know much about factory loads i know ive seen them but never really looked at them much

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACKSON.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just purchased a panther .260 and would like any helpfull tips on ammo for my new toy.. </div></div>
Do you reload?

Well, you just came up with a particularly good reason to get that handloading capability up and running. H4350 (around 44gr), 142SMK's, and a good match primer (I suggest CCI BR-2's) should get your rifle purrin'.

Greg

Blackhills has loaded the 139 scenar in the past. Shoots great. The only problem is it is remington Brass. If that matters to you.
Rad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: radmcg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blackhills has loaded the 139 scenar in the past. Shoots great. The only problem is it is remington Brass. If that matters to you.
Rad </div></div>

Isn't that supply all used up? or is it still available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACKSON.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just purchased a panther .260 and would like any helpfull tips on ammo for my new toy.. </div></div>

Roll your own and dont look back.