• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 barrel length

crackshot

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2004
Northport, AL
Does anyone run a 260 Remington with a shorter 22" barrel, how much difference in velocity could be expected going with the shorter barrel? Going with an LTR stock bought here from another member, possibly trying the 120 AMAX with the rifle being primarily used for deer, coyote, and out to 600 yard targets.
Thanks

Re: 260 barrel length

.........wow......very informative......we all are douche bags here that shoot a lot of airsoft and we think you should stop running with scissors.....

I think what my esteemed colleague is asking is, for what application are you using the firearm? whether it is going to be a benchrest rifle, do you plan on going hunting with it, or are you looking towards a tactical build... asking a question, and not giving any kind of background information, as you can plainly see will not get you very far. from what little i know of boltripper is he is full of information, and he can point you in the right direction, or knows someone who can, but you have to ask the right questions, or at least give him an idea of what info you are looking for

Boltripper is more than willing to help. In a desperate moment and feeling confused and defeated he kindly reminded me to check my windage knobs before you let the shot go at 1K!!!! LOL

I am using a 23" Schneider P5 on my 260. Velocity with the 120 - 123 gr pills is in the 2,950 fps range easy. I don't like to push 139 - 142 gr pills up to 2,800 fps with my handloads, but 2,750 fps is very easy to make. Those should make some pretty fair hunting loads.

Factory Remington 140's clocked just over what was claimed on the box - about 2,720 fps if I remember right. I think 22" would be just fine for hunting.