• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 brass - What to do?

Mulga

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2008
Australia
Hi fellas,

I'm having big trouble finding reasonable priced Lapua 260rem brass (AUD$1.57 & $1.90 a piece & Nosler custom is $2 a piece). I have a new AIAT on the way and would like to have some loads ready to go. I can get Norma 260rem and Lapua 308win is plentiful and more than 1/2 the price of 260. Should I get the Norma brass (which I have heard is less durable and has less case capacity?) or should i resize the 308 brass down and neck turn it?

Also any suggestions on a quality easy to use neck turner?

Cheers

Dan

I use Lapua brass and it works very well and I'm on 7 reloads right now. You get what you pay for sometimes.

i use lapua and winchester 243 necked up to 260, I get less pressure in those than with lapua 260 brass and same load.
hope this helps.
cheers.

Either buy .243 Lapua & buy a expander mandrel from BRT or buy .308 & size it down.
The later will probably need to go through a .7-08 die first & also my need to be neck turned?
I did the later the other day as a test & seated a proj to make a dummy round & it chambered fine in my factory rifle, custom barrel may be to tight!
.308 Lapua brass is available for around $77 in Australia & .260 is like $130, what a joke!