• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 build for my Wife, check out this stock!

mberry223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Virginia Beach, VA
sara.jpg

mb4.jpg

Final.jpg

sara8.jpg

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Joel Russo took on this special project for me. I've wanted to outfit my wife with a nice rifle for quite some time. We finally decided on a 260. Originally, I was going to get a Savage action and build it from there. Decided to go with a Remington 700 instead and leave it to the pros. She's wearing a Brux barrel with Badger bottom metal, a NF base, not sure what bolt knob it is (surgeon?), SAS TOMB, and an Atlas Bipod. My wife named the rifle "Artemis", fitting...

Joel really outdid himself on this build... We are very proud of it... So proud, that it has been the centerpiece of our dining room table since it arrived! The adjustable cheek piece is nearly seamless, a lot of people don't even notice it is there until I point it out!

Hope you all enjoy the photos. If you have ever entertained getting a custom stock built, Joel has my absolute highest recommendation. I believe his back log is measured in years, not months. He may not be accepting orders at the moment, so consider yourself forewarned.

The whole experience was top-notch and I made a good friend along the way. </span>

Re: 260 build for my Wife, check out this stock!

Most of the rifles i see are 'tactical' rigs, and i love em. in their own way they are each gorgeous. but this rifle is a thing of beauty, truly a gorgeous firearm. your Mrs has a very nice rifle!

-Paulus

Beautiful rifle, exquisite wood. NICE HUBBY!! RG

When I was younger it was all about me getting the cool things...now that I'm older it about the look on others face when they get them. Bet she LOVES it!

That's first class. Very nice indeed.

A work of art! Did you select the wood blank yourself or did the builder? Also, just out of curiosity, what does the gun weigh?

Winmagfrog -

I do not know you, but I now officially hate you !!!

Jeez, what a gorgeous rifle.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bouvie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A work of art! Did you select the wood blank yourself or did the builder? Also, just out of curiosity, what does the gun weigh? </div></div>

Joel showed us a few pieces to choose from after listening to what my wife and I had in mind for the build. He has more money tied up in wood blanks than I do in my entire gun safe...

I have no idea on the weight. The barrel is a Remington Varmint Contour, so it's not exactly light. It's light enough to carry around the woods, but I wouldn't choose it for a mountain rifle. She'll probably never carry it more than half a mile to a shooting house. I doubt this rifle will ever even climb a tree! It's exactly what we wanted. A nice, comfortable rifle for a petite lady to shoot big deer with!

I love the grain pattern in that stock. She is truly an amazing looking rifle. Thanks for showing it off.

That is gorgeous man. First class. Can a person order a stock from him for say, a savage model 12 LRP? I just got my rifle and love it, but putting it in wood like that would be awesome.

I have a piece of black walnut that looks just like that. I can not wait to use it especially after seeing that rifle.

That is an awesome looking rifle! What barrel length did you go with?

Beautiful. It's going to be gratifying when your getting all the press and the AICS next to you isn't...

Very nice looking stock...and I don't like wood stocks.

That is gorgeous! That's got me wanting a nice wood stock for mine.

That is some clean wood work there. I love stuff like this, I have a carpentry nitch. I would like to make wood stocks like that. Nice work!!

Zach

Remind the wife that in marriage all property is 50/50 and therefore the rifle is half yours!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSIceland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing looking gun. Just beautiful </div></div>

x2

The stock is amazing.

that is a gorgeous stock on a great rifle, the .260 is one of the best all around caliber in my opinion.
lucky wife and great rifle.
jealous here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paulus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of the rifles i see are 'tactical' rigs, and i love em. in their own way they are each gorgeous. but this rifle is a thing of beauty, truly a gorgeous firearm. your Mrs has a very nice rifle!

-Paulus </div></div>

I agree everything I have is a synthetic, but this has my eyes bulging. Beautiful rifle!

Wood stocks are pretty cool. I wonder how long the wait is...

Wow that is dang impressive.

I dont like the wood stocks either but that made me look twice,
nice job you done, always admire people that build instead of buy

Holy Cow it took me THREE Tries to see the Adjustable Cheek piece! Now that is just perfection!!!

Any guitar guys will understand this but nice flame job... That sure looks like its maple. How did you/they pull off the flaming. Sorry if you already responded to this, I didn't read the whole thread.

She's a beautiful stick.

Being the owner of at least 4 Russo stocks, All I can say is with out a doubt Joel is Top Notch.

Winmagfrog--Very nice choice! When you choose a stock like that you are buliding something your grandkids will be hunting with long after we are gone.

As Always, nice work Joel!

Willys46