• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 & Creedmoor ammo experiences?

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
some questions on these two 6.5 chamberings....

1) Is the creedmoor factory ammo showing up in the stores yet reliably? I just noticed Midway is all backordered. I prefer guns I can easily get factory ammo for. I find myself less inclined to re-load as time goes by.
smile.gif

2) Can you find 260 factory ammo at stores easier? <span style="font-weight: bold">How about "open on Sunday" stores like walmart or academy...any 260??</span>

3) Anybody chrono'd factory 260 ammo and found it slow?? I have read most all factory ammo is chronographing at 2400-2600 FPS even out of 24" barrels. That's nearly 200 FPS less than what remington claims.

4)The performance with both rounds is so close it isn't worth mentioning....am I missing anything?

The 260 looks like the way to go at the moment if you don't want to stockpile ammo or plan on reloading.

Opinions and experiences???

Thanks,

Jim

Re: 260 and Creedmore

1 - I haven't had any trouble finding the factory ammo, and they're coming out with several new flavors, so should make the availability better.

2 - About as easy as 6.5 CM in my AO.

I run both factory 6.5 ammo and handload for it. My handloads are the 139 Scenar running at 2850 with absolutely no pressure. I'm at 4 loadings now and will easily get 5 loadings out of the brass.

One advantage of the 6.5 CM is the 30 degree shoulder which means less stretching so less trimming needed, also a more efficient burn (spoke with a few guys at Hornday).

The 6.5 CM gets my vote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 - I haven't had any trouble finding the factory ammo, and they're coming out with several new flavors, so should make the availability better.
</div></div>

where are you finding it....gun stores? How about Walmart??
Any of it hornady's high performance stuff??

I've found it at Gander Mountain, and a few local gun shops.

I haven't seen the high performance stuff yet.

ive got my eye on this thread ive been wanting a .260 but want to see how this thread plays out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ive got my eye on this thread ive been wanting a .260 but want to see how this thread plays out </div></div>

Yep...I'm in the same boat. Really just splitting hairs. A lot of online places are out of ammo. I haven't looked locally yet. Just found this thread.......

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=824052&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDtu_sM7Pow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CREEDMOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

your facts are thin but your zeal is inspiring.
smile.gif

I have not had any time with a Creedmoor but do have a 260 and i can give you some info on it. I can't push a 139 class bullet 2800fps without getting pressure signs with any powder but reloader 17. I have reloaded my brass (.243 Lapua) 8 times now and counting. HSM factory ammo groups very well in my rifle! The 6.5 Creedmoor maybe better, i don't know but I love my 260 and knowing it will group in the .07" at 100yds with factory is great!