• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

260 freebore

parker_chp

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
scott, TN
I have a xr-100 action that I would like to rebarrel into a 260.Being a single shot action I dont have to worry about COAL as much.My ? is what is the best freebore for the 140 class bullets? I would Like to have the bearing/boattail junction seated at the neck/shoulder junction( or ther abouts I know this will change with brand) but Im wondering if this is optimal or if something else works better.

Re: 260 freebore

I run a 260 on a Stiller Predator with a Manners mini chasis and it uses the AI mags. I have my freebore set at .100 and it feeds the 140 class touching from the mag, with the exception of the 140 berger VLD. I was building a single shot and called Dave Kiff at PTG and he suggested a .120-.140 reamer for a single shot. I can say that with factory remington brass you will need around a .120 to get the bullet out of the case to take advantage of the round. I hope this helps,

Good luck!