• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 260 Ft Bragg / T Cross

• Thread starter Deleted member 10043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10043

Saw that terminology used in relation to 260 reamers. Anybody heard of this before and how is it different from a standard 260?

It is a 260 KMW/Surgeon design. Basic brass is 260 Rem. Overall chamber is purpose built.

The reamer specs are what I settled on when using the .260 Rem in some early tactical pre-PRS competitions in the early 2000s. I wanted a chamber that would be optimal for magazine length OALs when using the typical high BC bullets in the 139 to 142 weight class. Didn't want the SAAMI slop in it but wanted it to run any factory load in dirty conditions. It worked well for me with several of the rifles so chambered winning multiple Snipers Hide Cups, North American Sniper Championships, Colorado Multiguns and Badlands Sniper competitions.

Surgeon was starting to build rifles instead of just building actions and two of the main people at Surgeon were very good friends of mine. They asked permission and I was happy to let them copy the reamer for use in their own rifles. Those same two friends are very good men. They do and have done a lot for the sniper community that doesn't get splashed on social media or forums. Because of their character and the quality of their products and work, they had special team guys working within their circles and coming to them for help with certain projects.

There was a rumor that Bragg may or may not have been using that spec on rifles that may or may not have been chambered in .260 that also may or may not have been taken outside of the great state of Georgia.

Thanks, Terry. I got CGS barreling a shot out M40 SSA with this tool when they get it in their shop. May be the only clip slot M700 in 260 :)

The reamer specs are what I settled on when using the .260 Rem in some early tactical pre-PRS competitions in the early 2000s. I wanted a chamber that would be optimal for magazine length OALs when using the typical high BC bullets in the 139 to 142 weight class. Didn't want the SAAMI slop in it but wanted it to run any factory load in dirty conditions. It worked well for me with several of the rifles so chambered winning multiple Snipers Hide Cups, North American Sniper Championships, Colorado Multiguns and Badlands Sniper competitions.

Surgeon was starting to build rifles instead of just building actions and two of the main people at Surgeon were very good friends of mine. They asked permission and I was happy to let them copy the reamer for use in their own rifles. Those same two friends are very good men. They do and have done a lot for the sniper community that doesn't get splashed on social media or forums. Because of their character and the quality of their products and work, they had special team guys working within their circles and coming to them for help with certain projects.

There was a rumor that Bragg may or may not have been using that spec on rifles that may or may not have been chambered in .260 that also may or may not have been taken outside of the great state of Georgia.

Terry that sounded like maybe you had a friend who's first cousins, uncles, aunts, brothers, girlfriends dad might have some knowledge of the subject

. . . . . . . first cousins, uncles, aunts, brothers, girlfriends dad might have some knowledge of the subject

In the great state of Georgia that could all be just 2 of the same people. LoL.
I can pick on my buddies in Georgia since I live in Louisiana which can be even further down that hole in places......