• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 GAP10 loads?

Hawk Gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2007
Mobile, AL
Guys I looked and cant find much info here on this with my searches. I just got a 22" .260 upper for my GAP10 and need to load a little for it. I have Lapua brass, 140 AMAX, 42.5 H4350, CCI BR2 loaded in substantial quantity for my bolt action but I'm worried this may be a little hot for a semi.

Just wanted to get a feel for what you guys are running on a similar set up.

I'll do load work up in a few weeks but just want to make sure I have a safe load for function and maybe some accuracy testing.

I dont believe that load is too hot for a semi. If you are worried back it off by 1 or 2 grains, but I see no problem with that load in a semi auto. In fact the buffer will handle it just fine and the recoil should be very manageable. However if you loaded your bolt ammo to SAAMI spec then you should be fine. One problem with bolt guns is guys often go beyond there COAL and shoot with very little bullet jump. If this is how you loads are set up, then you may need to seat the bullets back down to 2.78 COAL per SAAMI.

I have a Gap-10 in .260. I use Nosler brass, 140 amax, CCI 200 and h4350.
I had load data from the previous owner of 42 grains h4350 and a 140 smk bullet. I got ejector swipes at 42 gr, so I backed down to 41 grains and the 140 amax. That load works really well in my rifle with muzzle velocity at 2670. I wish it was faster but it's accurate to 1k and less than 10 mils to get me to 1k.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks guys my buddy shot it today since I have duty and it shot .5-.7 5 shot group and no pressure signs in the brass. It was just above freezing though. Ill keep an eye for pressure as it warms up.