• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 Lapua Reamed rifle with R_P Brass

REL1203

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Centreville, VA
Getting ready to order a .260 Rem rifle, and I have specified to have it reamed with the Lapua match reamer. This got me thinking, will this limit me to only be able to ever run Lapua Brass, or Can I still run R_P brass knowing its just barely smaller? Heaven forbid Lapua ever changes their brass to match the rest of the industry... Basically, am I am making a mistake if I go with the Lapua Match reamer instead of the typical .260 match reamer? I know the QC of the R_P brass was bad at some point, but these days is that still an issue?

Thanks

Re: .260 Lapua Reamed rifle with R_P Brass

I have a 260 with a Lapua reamer. I run only remington brass. Works perfectly no issues with 450 rounds through it.

I split 1000 pieces of brass from midway with a friend and after the discount code it came out to like 42$ for a 100. Much better that 95$ for a hundred with Lapua.

What free bore are you going to run?

The 260 Lapua Reamer has a .297" Nk. My standard 260 match reamer has a .295" Nk. After neck turning all my 260 brass the loaded neck measures .291" and they run fine in the 260 Lapua chamber.

I've run 260 & 7-08 RP (currently what I run) 260 Lapua and WW 7-08 brass in my rifle. Accuracy has been stellar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge Hammer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What free bore are you going to run? </div></div>

I Dont know, thats a VERY good question... What should I run it at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REL1203</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sledge Hammer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What free bore are you going to run? </div></div>

I Dont know, thats a VERY good question... What should I run it at? </div></div>

For 139 Scenars, .080" to .100" is GTG. My 260 Lapua and Match Reamers are .090" FB each

For 130/140 VLD's, .030" to .040" is money for AI magazines