• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Reamer question

vprtoad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2009
lake titicacca
Anyone have the correct dimensions for a reamer to fit to mag lenth for a .260 and 140grn pills ?

ie. So I'm Not jumping them a mile to touch

thanks

Re: 260 Reamer question

Which 140gr pill you working with?
What magazine are you using, factory Rem 700, factory Win 70, AICS, or modified AICS?

Going to make a fair bit of difference as to needed freebore.

Tell your smith that you want a 139Scenar to be touching the lands with a Ojive length of 2.150, yes it's short, no it will not effect anything, after 1500 rounds downrange my Ojive length is 2.217, and it still bug holes, and I have a lot of room left in my mags. If your going to spec a reamer make a dummy round with those specs, and ask for a .295 neck.

140 vld's
or 140 amax's I know they like to jumped more

Really want to try 142 smk's as well

Factory mag 700 short action

thanks for the info

im no expert but i dont think you can get a reamer made to shoot both smk / amax bullets and shoot vld type bullets all. I think you have to pick , could be wrong though.

0.295 neck is a bit tight for my taste, as RP brass ends up about 0.292 - 0.293 for a loaded round. I've got a 0.297 neck on my reamers.

Easiest thing to do is call PTG, tell them what you want to do and give him CC #. I'm sure he has a reamer that is set up to do what you are asking.

I've got one 260 reamer set up for 142s out of a Rem 700 factory magazine/AR mag and a second reamer set up around 142s with boattail/bearing surface junction at the neck/shoulder junction.

If you are running 140 JLKs or the Berger Match BT LR bullet you'll have a pretty decent fit to a chamber cut for 142/140 at 2.800" but the OAL is going to be closer to 2.900" so single load only.