• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Rem Lapua Brass

CarbonOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Utah
I hear rumor that lapua may start to offer 260 Remington brass. Fact or fiction? That'd be pretty cool.

Re: 260 Rem Lapua Brass

An email I got from them in May said rumor, they had no plans to do it.

Edited to add: But I guess we will see based on the comments below. Sounds like there might be something to it.

Haven't heard the actual rumor, but it would make sense for them to do it. Still blows my mind why they scrapped the 300 WM brass.

why would they make brass for a caliber that competes with the 6.5x47 Lapua?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why would they make brass for a caliber that competes with the 6.5x47 Lapua? </div></div>

exactly what i was about to post

Guys, here's something I found on LRH - <span style="color: #FF0000">"If you form the 260 cases from our 243 brass, they'll have the wrong headstamp. This isn't something you'll find on Wikileaks, but it's top-secret information from Finland, so I'd have to kill you if I told you. But if you'll wait 'til after the SHOT Show (next month in Vegas) that headstamp issue won't be a problem for you . . . if you get my drift.

Ah, I get it. So they are coming out with .243 brass that won't fit in a .260!! Nice safety feature!!!!

Like KevinU posted:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinThomas on Accurate Shooter.com forums</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, actually we do see the demand. New catalogs are coming out shortly, just in time for the SHOT show. Might want to keep an eye out for them!
wink.gif

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA
</div></div>

I got an email from Gunstop Reloading that says look for Lapua 260 brass after SHOT (May 2011).

Looking forward to it. Should be ready for my new 260 Rem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotRod308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet it will be higher than Giraffe pu**y!! </div></div>

I'll try anything once.

My .260 shoots bug holes with remington brass. I guess if you are wealthy enough that prepping brass is a waste of your time Lapua may be a way to go. Not a luxury I can afford so I will just prep remington brass and continue to shoot 1/4 MOA inch groups with my .260 and remington brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregonshooter#2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My .260 shoots bug holes with remington brass. I guess if you are wealthy enough that prepping brass is a waste of your time Lapua may be a way to go. Not a luxury I can afford so I will just prep remington brass and continue to shoot 1/4 MOA inch groups with my .260 and remington brass. </div></div>

I found using Remington brass was a false economy as the pockets went loose within 5 or so loads and leaked gas.Lapua is just so good and lasts .I get cheap Norma brass in 260 but would still prefer to neck up 243 lapua brass.
Shot show might be like the tooth fairy it's sounding like .Funny the 260 lapua rumor must almost come from the ice age eh!