• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Rem Load Data

Re: 260 Rem Load Data

I have had good success with the 142 smk. 42 grains of h4350 was just the trick for me. Gets about 2700 fps from a 26inch barrel.

I started getting light pressure signs at 43 grains. Nothing crazy, but the primers started to crater a bit. Never got to sticky bolt, but didnt need too since 42 was plenty accurate.

I used a similar loading for 140 grain sierras, but they were hunting bullets, not smks.

Re: 260 Rem Load Data

I suggest that the 140SMK is inappropriate for the .260REM cartridge.

In many .260 barrels, the 140SMK will be jammed .020-.040 into the lands when loaded at SAAMI length 2.800". So you will have to load this one short to keep from jamming, thus reducing your case capacity.

You will be much happier with the 142SMK or 140AMAX, and as an added bonus, both have considerably higher BCs than the 140SMK.

Look at pictures of all three projectiles and you will see how far forward the ogive is on the 140SMK when compared with the other two.