• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 rem load development 200 yards

40x

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Pennsylvanian
I only have 200 yards for load development at my home rang what is the most efficient way to perform a new load development at that range. I read the OCW test but I cannot understand what to look for if there is any method that I can perform at 200 yards please help me out. I also read about the latter test which is more simpler to understand but I don’t have the range to performer the test. I understand that I am suppose to look for a powder charge that gives me the least amount of vertical stringing but how do I accomplish that at 200 yards My new rifle is a 260 Remington with a 1-8 twist bartline barrel. I like to shoot the 142 SMK bullets. My reloading powder is H4350 and my bullet is touching the ogive at 2.880 COAL. I prepped all my brass but having a hard time figuring out testing for the load at my local club at 200 yards.

Re: 260 rem load development 200 yards

Thank you Keith for the link I really appreciate it.