• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Rem. vs 6.5 Creedmoor

oldreliable45120

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2009
Long Island NY
Im new to this forum, but not new to shooting and reloading. I've been doing that for 30 years now. In my safe i have quite a few 308 sniper rifles,TRG-22,FN-SPR,AI-AW,KIMBER Advanced Tactical,and 2 REM.700P's. This does'nt inclued my 300's,338L,and my 50 BMG's. Here's my problem, one of my 700P's barrels went south and I'm looking for something different.
In your honest oppinion what is the better round, 260 Rem. or 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm sure this topic has been covered, but excuse my ignorance for asking.
Here is my rifle specs. bluprinted 700 action,1.5 AICS,Krieger #10 MTU barrel with 1-8 twist,and nightforce scope. Just want to get input before I chamber the barrel. Thanks for any input.

Re: 260 Rem. vs 6.5 Creedmoor

I have a rifle with that exact barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor and it is super accurate even with factory ammo, which is a big plus for the Creedmoor if you don;t want to load for it. Here's a couple of groups I shot the other day when testing an old lot of ammo and a new one. The old is on the left and that is a 5 shot group. The new lot is on the right and that is a 10 shot group. .1 mil of left windage for the new lot and it will do the job.
P7080622.jpg

Both rounds are very good and will give basically the same ballistics. The 6.5 Creedmoor being newer isn't as well vetted but it's on it's way. My team mates and I have been shooting it in comps for the last year and I am very happy with it's performance. Do a search on the site and you will find alot of info on both rounds but Zak's article is a good start.

My 6.5 Creedmoor comp rifle
P3040437.jpg

Yep what TM said. I have 2 6.5x47L's and shot out a 260 Rem custom rifle(>3000 rounds) Any of the 3 in Zak's article will fill the bill.
I don't think there is a nickel's worth of difference between the 3 but all 3 are a much better choice than the 308.
My daughter's (pink)and my 6.5x47's.
Mine is similar to what you are wanting to build.
Trued R700, Lilja heavy Palma 8 twist, HS stock and bottom metal,
Jewell, Nightforce. Shayla's is the same but has a Rock barrel.
2910yhg.jpg

I'm going with the 260 for a couple of reasons
1 Brass, Brass, and Brass, it can be made from any .308 based case, neck up or down, and 260rem brass can be had locally
2 and can loaded a lot hotter if need be due to the increased case capcity

The only big plus IMHO for the Hornadee case is the 30 degree shoulder, this SHOULD help barrel life and accuracy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2 and can loaded a lot hotter if need be due to the increased case capcity

</div></div>

Hotter than what?

And you can make Creedmoor from .308 also even though it's not the parent cartridge. Not as easy as the .260 but it can be done
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1218367#Post1218367

there is more room in the 260 case, I have been thinking about all the 6.5 short action rounds, I'm going 260. I'm piecing together a stick right now, I have the Surgeon action, Bartlien 8 twist barrel, Tubb brake, Tubb level, reworked Rem trigger, and I'm about to order a Manners T4a, still need to get Surgeon bottom metal and a scope, like you I work for a living, but my shooting capabilities are not at your level, I must rely on what I can get locally or make, I simply cannot call someone and ask for ammo.

Just trying to get correct info out as the 6.5 Creedmoor can be loaded plenty hot also. I have had my 140s up to 2870fps without any pressure signs and have had 4 loadings on the cases and no primer loosening. Just wanted to clarify what you meant.

And it's an e-mail, not a phone call
wink.gif

I have about the same set up as you speak of. Mine is a AICS 2.0 trued and bushed rem 700 shilen 1.5 trigger Krieger 8 twist and is chambered for the 6.5 creedmoor. I had a 260 rem and i really liked it except i was always trimming cases. The rifle i have in 6.5CM only has around 100 rounds through it, but i am having excellent results thus far. Groups in the 3's are common. I forgot to mention my scope is the new 5.5x20 Falcon. Nice glass and i really like the Mil-dots. The only problem i have is that there isnt any place to stretch its legs so i can not give a report on any real distance at this time. (No tactical type matches in my area only Benchrest.) anyway the creedmoore is a great design and i have had no issues of over pressuring the so called soft brass of Hornady. The creedmoor gets my vote!! Lee

I recently decided to go with the Creedmoor when making the same decision you are looking at. A few reasons. Barrel life claim was higher, factory ammo is very reasonable and is match grade, its a new cartridge performing with the older .260 Rem(i figured that as time goes on the improvements made on it will help it to surpass the .260 Rem), and reloading the brass seemed like it would be easier. Oh yea, and it has a cool sound to it when ya say it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going with the 260 for a couple of reasons
</div></div>
Stick with your .308.
wink.gif

Robo1 care to share any load info? I'm leaning toward the Creedmoor,But I cant find any neck dies for it yet. I prefer to use Redding Match bushing dies for my match/tactical rifles. havent had the chance to look at there web sight yet. What dies are you using,or are you shooting factory?
Thanks for the help guys.

i just sold my 260 to build a 6.5 creedmore. 260 brass is expensive to buy and the remington stuff is soft. You can make it out of 308, but I don't know how to do it and would be afraid of case conformity.

6.5 creedmore will last longer than a 260.

The creedmoor is for box magazine fed guns where the shorter case length lets you seat the bullet farther out at magazine length, and to have a factory load available for competition. For a bolt gun it is just another option, and will be outrun by the base .260.

The Lapua was intended for shorter range competition at lower velocity and is just being hot-rodded by some.
The creedmoor was not intended to be a velocity champ.

Pressure for pressure and barrel length for barrel length the 260 will totally kick butt on the Creed and the 47L

As far as using "super strong" Lapua brass for all it's magical powers to send bullets faster, you can easily neck up 243 Lapua brass to 260 and achieve the same results with less stress aka pressure.

For the Creed and 47L, they have to suck eggs to reach 260 speed. As a result, I don't see how their throats are going to last as long as a 260 throat.

Out of a 22" 260 barrel I can reach 3,030 with 123's and that's with a recommended load from the Nosler Guide.

My next build using a FN SPR and 1/8 Rock will be a 260 AI.
I'm only going to AI for better brass life and less case stretch.
You normally only gain about 50 fps with the AI.

I'm open to new ideas but that's how I see it.

Apache kid, you push that 260 at 3030fps, you won't get 2500-3000 rounds for barrel life. I pushed my only at 2800fps and got excellent performance with the 139gr scenars.

You can definately push the 260 faster, but you can get equal performance from the 6.5creedmore with better barrel life and better (factory)brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can definately push the 260 faster, but you can get equal performance from the 6.5creedmore with better barrel life and better (factory)brass.</div></div>

I would have to strongly disagree with that.

The only way you will get equal performance from the CM is to up it's pressure by a significant amount. Do that and you will lower it's throat life than that of a 260.
There is no getting around that.

Shooting 26" barrels for both the CM & 260 and reaching the same speed. The 260 will reach that same speed at a lower pressure and hence better throat/barrel life.

If I want to shoot the 260 at the same pressure as a CM I will always be faster just because the 260 will always have a larger capacity hull.
Barrel life will be no different.

As far as (factory) brass, all brass is factory and Horny brass holds nothing special over Remington brass. And, like i said and do. I can easily neck up Lapua 243 brass to 260, it's as easy as a stroke of handle. Lapua is the better of any brass that I have ever used.

If you are dumping the 260 for a Creed you just took a step backwards.

Have you tried the WW 7.08 BRASS , I read a while ago on SH that it had better conformity and was harder tha Rem 260 brass and neck downing down was a breeze.I shoot 260 -well just started with a 19" tube with a suppressor and have a 28" for F class -tried 44gr ai 2209 but it was a little hot for the Rem brass 2710fps with the 19" tube .
I am dropping back to 43.8gr and will see how that goes .I must try necking up the lapua 243 But believe the the WW 7.08 is easier and doesnt get doughnuts-so I have read.

I just had a CM built and am undecided if I did right or not... It was a game time decision, and time will tell I guess.

I am kinda bummed about the brass being so expensive, but other than that, I'm hoping it'll do me right, b/c I'm stuck with it now! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt it... </div></div>

And your reasons?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried the WW 7.08 BRASS , I read a while ago on SH that it had better conformity and was harder tha Rem 260 brass and neck downing down was a breeze</div></div>

Have not tried it but makes total sense, I WILL be trying that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am kinda bummed about the brass being so expensive, but other than that, I'm hoping it'll do me right, b/c I'm stuck with it now! LOL</div></div>

Any 6.5 in my book is a winner. One thing for sure's, it's going to a bug hole'er.

Hmmm, I just don't see that there is an advantage of one over the other of the 3 6.5's mentioned. I got around 3000 rounds out of my 260 with a 28" Broughton 8 twist. Started chasing the lands but ran out of mag room. 139's at 2800+-. I'm closing in on 3000 with my 6.5x47L getting 2820+- with 139's out of a 3 groove Lilja 8 twist at 25". Chasing the lands 10 tho and still have plenty of room in the mag. The 6.5x47L is just stupid accurate in both of our rifles and easily holds it's own out to 1245 yards.
To the OP, you just can't go wrong with the two you asked about and/ or if you decide to go with the Lapua.
I would add that to worry about brass cost is really not thinking it through. At the most you would be looking at 40 cents difference in brass. Break that down across 10 loads, not much of a difference. You just spent $2500- $3000 on a custom rifle and $1500- $2500 on optics, 200- 300 pieces of brass will out last the barrel. The $100 more you pay for the costlier brass gets lost quickly inn the scheme of things.
JtP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can definately push the 260 faster, but you can get equal performance from the 6.5creedmore with better barrel life and better (factory)brass.</div></div>

I would have to strongly disagree with that.

The only way you will get equal performance from the CM is to up it's pressure by a significant amount. Do that and you will lower it's throat life than that of a 260.
There is no getting around that.

Shooting 26" barrels for both the CM & 260 and reaching the same speed. The 260 will reach that same speed at a lower pressure and hence better throat/barrel life.

If I want to shoot the 260 at the same pressure as a CM I will always be faster just because the 260 will always have a larger capacity hull.
Barrel life will be no different.

As far as (factory) brass, all brass is factory and Horny brass holds nothing special over Remington brass. And, like i said and do. I can easily neck up Lapua 243 brass to 260, it's as easy as a stroke of handle. Lapua is the better of any brass that I have ever used.

If you are dumping the 260 for a Creed you just took a step backwards.

</div></div>

Notice I said equal performance, not speed.
260 at 500yds: 139 scenar @ 2820
yds drop MOA Mil wind in MOA MIL
500 45" 8.50 2.5mil | 12" 2.25 0.7mil

6.5 at 500yds 140Amax @ 2820
yds drop MOA MIL wind in MOA MIL
500 46" 8.75 2.5mil | 13" 2.50 0.7mil

and at 1000yds, 260 is 7.4mil and the 6.5 creedmore is 7.7mil
To me, same performance. Oh yeah barrel life is 40-50% better with the CM!!

I disagree with taking a step backwards, but I will respect our disagreement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Robo1 care to share any load info? I'm leaning toward the Creedmoor,But I cant find any neck dies for it yet. I prefer to use Redding Match bushing dies for my match/tactical rifles. havent had the chance to look at there web sight yet. What dies are you using,or are you shooting factory?
Thanks for the help guys.</div></div>

The load info on the box is 41.9grn of H4350 with the 140 AMAX and 44.5grn of H4350 with the 120 AMAX. I have bumped the 140s up to 43grns and saw no pressure sign. Gave me an easy 2870fps. The factory 120s are going out about 3020fps and can be bumped up faster too.

I mostly shoot factory 140s at matches but did shoot one with my handloaded 140s with 42grns of H4350 which is basically the same. Shot about the same too.

I too used Redding Type S dies until i started with the Creedmoor. I started using the standard dies and they give .002 neck tension on the Creedmoor brass which is what I usually use. They do an excellent job sizing the brass. I guess when you design the brass and the dies you can make them so that they fit perfect LOL If you wanted match with bushings they do make them and you can see them here Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor Match Die

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yeah barrel life is 40-50% better with the CM!!</div></div>

So you can load a hotter, higher pressure Creed and get better barrel life than the 260 Rem by 40-50%?

And just exactly how do you do that?

Please tell me, I'm all ears.

You continue to read into what people are saying. I showed real data on performance with the same loads(about 2820fps) and same performance. Nobody said anything about higher pressure or hotter loads. With normal loads, hence the 2820fps, the creedmore will get better barrel life. Its a proven fact.

I'm not saying the 260 is a bad round, i still have a 260 and love it.

What part of arizona are you in or are you in the PNW now?

On the Win 7-08 brass. It is one pass through the 260 die and your done. I run 123's at 2950 fps and get 5-7 reloads before I start loosing brass to loose primer pockets.

Terminal performance of 260, 6.5CM, x47 pert near identical,
thou x47 has best IMHO if ya wanna get down to nitty gritty

Brass x47 is best period, thou 260 n CM are both good

Deciding factiod
x47 can chase lands until bullet falls outta case and loading long to max out case cap is none issue....still feed from mag

260/CM both are unable to this, long loads must be single feed(short Action)...sure you can chase lands but you must single feed to do so.

x47 IMHO just better thought out overall
I run a modest load 130JLK @2975fps HBN @2.800 (2.990 max OAL to feed from mag)

Any of the 3 would serve you well
Quote from Boot's Obermeyer.

"Each of the several chrome-moly match rifle barrels
in .260 Remington that I have used in conjunction with moly-coated bullets has exceeded 6000 rounds of accurate life."

Now this guy knows his shit....barrel life should be non issue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In your honest oppinion what is the better round, 260 Rem. or 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm sure this topic has been covered, but excuse my ignorance for asking.
Here is my rifle specs. bluprinted 700 action,1.5 AICS,Krieger #10 MTU barrel with 1-8 twist,and nightforce scope. Just want to get input before I chamber the barrel. Thanks for any input. </div></div>

In my opinion, they are close to equal and you couldn't go wrong with either one.

The Creedmoor has factory ammo available if you can afford to shoot it in volume. Other than that, it has no operational advantages over the .260 Rem.

Everybody likes to complain about the R-P brass and rightly so, but the .260 Remington now has a huge brass selection. R-P, Nosler and Norma all make virgin brass for it. That covers the bases in price range and quality. The cheap R-P cases will perform with great speed and accuracy but they are soft. The Nosler and Norma are harder and top shelf quality. I personally have been running W-W brand 7mm-08 cases straight through my .260 dies. Unfired brass done like this shoots extremely accurately, requires no additional neck or body work, is harder and more consistent than the R-P cases and is almost the same stupid low price.

An awful lot of unnecesary case stretching/trimming happens when the size dies aren't set up to the host chamber. Too much shoulder bump and expander balls screeching back through the necks cause much of this.

I will love to see how shoulder angles and neck lengths are going to give a huge difference in barrel life. The bullet and barrel makers claim this matters little if at all.

A young lady claimed the 2nd place Long Range Agg at Camp Perry last year using a .260 Rem. Her and her team could choose any caliber out there as well as ANY other equipment that they think would give them any edge at all. Realistically, she could have done just as well with the CM but logic dictates that they certainly saw no downside to the .260 Rem.

Boots Obermeyer was also shooting 6.5-08 in all his local long range matches. That is just a pre SAAMI .260 Rem. He is also a pretty good shooter that certainly has access and experience in things that go POW.

So, in my opinion, there is no wrong choice between the two calibers you are considering. You will never see any difference on the target or in the field. However, do not be herded away from the .260 Rem. as it certainly is not hobbled or past it's prime. The Creed is a very accurate and efficient round. . but it fixes no problems that he .260 Rem has or brings anything new to the table except a Hornady manufactured match round.

Since you are still considering ctgs, the real sleeper (imho) is the necked up .22-250AI. Basically this is a .001" longer bodied 6XC with 40deg shoulder. Functions fine in my AR-10 so you should have no feeding issues in a bolt rifle.

Presumably your goal is longrange accuracy and not max velocity. .22-250 brass from Winchester or almost anyone else is STILL READILY AVAILABLE, or go 6.5XC... The almost .015" oal shorter case gives you more room for bullet seating which is a definite advantage. You gain back much effective powder capacity by having room to seat your bullets full length; and since you are reaming your chamber as well, throat for best performance.

Might even want to look at the 123gr smk bullet to max-out on mag length seating and load powder full to the neck? When your throat lengthens, then move to the 140gr bullets. Chase throat with longer bullets and who knows? Maybe you get 10K rds from the barrel? The 123smk is doing a great job for the Grendel shooters....

Just some ideas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What part of arizona are you in or are you in the PNW now? </div></div>

I'm from Prescott and split my time between there and WA state.

I'm still baffled how you can take a smaller case with less powder and
match the 260 and get better barrel life>>?
grin.gif

How much smaller you think the 6.5 Creedmoor is than the .260? Case capacity is almost identical. Loads I have seen for both are almost identical with H4350. The cases are almost identical except for the shoulder angle and neck. The factory Creedmoor loads are getting 2820fps with the 140s and that is doing it at around 58K psi.

Wow looks like I opened a big bag of worms? The price of brass is'nt the issue, I reload for every caliber I have 222 Rem up to my 50 BMG, Including my big Sharps and Rem. Rollers. Once you get over 300 win mag prices start to get high. I'm paying over 2 bucks a case for my 45-120 sharps,338 Lapua ,and my 50 BMG,so thats not a problem.
what I'm looking for is a 6.5 that will hold FPS and will not drift all that much. I think wind is harder to dope tham drop. When I go to Idaho my father has a ranch where i can shoot LOOOOOONG. thats when I bring out my long range toys.
thanks for the help so far guys.

Haven't been beat by any 6.5 creedmore, but the guys shooting 260 rem have handed my a@# back to me on a platter plenty. Been shooting surgeon 6.5x47 in AI chassis. Just my 2 cents worth

I won the Fall 08' Reade Range Sniper match, 09' Tactics Precision Rifle Competition and the Spring 09' Reade Range sniper match with the 6.5 Creedmoor. It does the job well. Two of those matches were with factory ammo and the third was my handload loaded with the same powder charge as the factory load to see if my loading made a difference in performance which it didn't.

Old Reliable, with the same bullet and same velocity you will get the same performance from any of the three mentioned. The Creedmoor is a newer round so it's not out in the public as much as the other two which have been around longer but that is changing. Your choice to make on which will work best for what you want. Read Zak's article.

I think either way your going to get .260 performance. Balistically, they are about tit for tat.

CM has a advantage for being able to buy factory match ammo that works, cheap.

CM's draw back, is that the brass is so expensive, it hurts to NOT buy the factory ammo.

Like Terry said, the crappy brass problem has been resolved with the .260 now, so it's really just a matter of preference.

I tried it b/c I like the thought of having affordable match ammo, if I didn't feel like loading.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CM has a advantage for being able to buy factory match ammo that works, cheap.

CM's draw back, is that the brass is so expensive, it hurts to NOT buy the factory ammo.
</div></div>

I think those are the best points in this thread. I was close to ordering a 6.5CM upper from my LR308 (because it was much cheaper) until I checked the reloading stuff. Brass was too high, and dies were the bottom of the barrel. I couldn't even find the CM listed redding's catalog. If you don't reload, go with the CM. If you do, go with the .260.

The Hornady dies are far from bottom of the barrel. I have always used Redding comp dies and was concerned when going to the standard Hornady dies for the 6.5 but my concern was unfounded. The only thing I did was get the micrometer add on for the seater. The FL sizer works great and gives .002 neck tension as I mentioned earlier and run out is very minimal and no more than the Redding bushing dies. They do also offer neck bushing match dies if you wanted to go that route.

Brass is about $20 more than Remington .260 brass per 100 but is still cheaper than Lapua .243 for sizing up or Norma .260. I just shoot the factory ammo and then use the brass for reloading.

I am on my 4th 260 barrel an you can't go wrong with any of the three. On my last rebarrel I thought about the CM or the 6.5x47 but stayed with the 260 only because of brass, dies I already have.

They are all great rounds an you won't be disappointed with any of them. I also have a 6.5x55 that I love an if you have a long action its a sweetheart of a long range round too.

I have used the lapua an now WW 7-08 brass. Its very easy to form an shoots great too. Just pick one an don't look back because you won't be disappointed!!!

Thanks for the help guys. I told my smith to go with the creedmoor. All you 260 fans dont get too mad, I have an extra action that I'm going to build into a 260 with the same specs as the creedmoor.

I went out and shot mine today (just out to 550y) and it was hammering... Every time I start having a little regret, I just go shoot it and all is better. The thing just performs so well, not that a .260 wouldn't have, but in the end, results are all I care about, and it just plain delivers...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apache kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still baffled how you can take a smaller case with less powder and
match the 260 and get better barrel life>>?
grin.gif
</div></div>
Maybe I can help you out here AK.

One possibility I can think of for better barrel life with the Creedmoor would be the sharper shoulder angle would deflect more of the hot gasses onto the inside of the neck rather than onto the throat like a soft shouldered case like the 260 is prone to do.

D462_2068_img_s.jpg

.260 and 6.5 Creedmoor are the 2 in the middle.

Running a little cooler would be a nice way to go with such similar performance.

I doubt the minute difference in case capacity would even be an issue unless both cartridges run <span style="text-decoration: underline">best</span> crammed to the max with powder. Even then, different rifle components would probably give more of an advantage than any difference in case capacity.

I have a 6.5 Rock barrel on the way from the group buy and am still trying to decide on this one myself. Leaning toward the Creedmoore so far. What a lousy problem to have!

Hornady’s new 6.5 Creedmoor is as pedigreed as it is precise. Developed by Dave Emary, Hornady’s Senior Ballistic Scientist and Dennis DeMille, General Manager of Creedmoor® Sports and two-time NRA National High Power Rifle Champion, this cartridge has more pedigree than any other match cartridge on the market.

The 6.5 Creedmoor was designed to allow any shooter to compete at the highest level with factory-loaded ammunition. Built for match rifles, including the Creedmoor Sports CSF-1 Tubb 2000 and DPMS LR Series, its case is slightly shorter than the 260 Remington, eliminating any “Cartridge Overall Length” issues when using 308 Winchester length magazines, and long, High BC Match Bullets.

The 6.5 Creedmoor delivers world-class long-range performance in a factory loaded cartridge.

A sharper 30° shoulder and aggressive body taper allow the 6.5 Creedmoor to deliver higher velocities than other 6mm and 6.5mm cartridges. And yet it operates at standard 308 Winchester pressures, thus increasing barrel and case life. Coupled with these velocities and these bullets, Hornady has developed a round that is flat shooting, wind defying and extremely accurate. The 6.5 Creedmoor is the ultimate match cartridge.

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor Video

Build a 260 Ackley Improved and go have fun!
Here's what I would build in order of preference:
260 AI
6.5X47 Lapua
260 Rem.
6.5 CM

-X3M

What's the easiest <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">commonly available</span></span> round to form 6.5 Creedmore from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the easiest <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">commonly available</span></span> round to form 6.5 Creedmore from?</div></div>

I had a box of lapua 308 laying around so I just formed 100 6.5 creedmoor, they will still need to be fireformed but they turned out nice