• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.260 remington --130 gr Berger starting loads???

horstie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
Aulander, North Carolina
i have some 6.5 Berger 130 gr VLDs. can't seem to find any data for the starting loads for a .260 Remington 1 in 9 twist. I've sent the folks @ Berger an e-mail but no response yet. can someone point me in the right direction

thanks

Re: .260 remington --130 gr Berger starting loads???

38 gr of almost any powder. (VV150, 160, 165, 550, 560, 565)

Sorry only have VV data.

Chad, would you mind forwarding the the same info to me/

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sent you data to your email address in your profile. </div></div>
Could you please send me the data as well. My Kreiger #5 1/2, 1-8.5, that will finish at 23" showed up Thur. Now waiting on my Stiller Action from the group buy. Going to have a great deer rifle made! Thank You krw

I would be interested to. I seek data for the 129gr Hornady SST but 130gr data would give me a hint. I have N160 and Norma 203B (RE15) at hand but could buy a different powder if I have to.

IMR 4064 is pretty hard to beat here... check pressures at 37 grains, 37.5 grains, 38 grains... 38.5 grains, with one shot at each of those charges. Then shoot a 10 shot group using 39 grains (providing pressures are acceptable) and come back and show us a picture. ;)

Dan