• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

260 Remington and 123 Amax seating depth results

Jumpalot

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Wyoming
I'm shooting a Savage with a #3 Brux barrel in a Boyd's thumbhole stock. Finally settled on 45.5 grains of H4350 for my load. The OAL was 2.865 touching the lands and it was a consistent 3/4 MOA performer. Decided to try adjusting seating depth to see if I could do any better. I tried to keep it simple and just screwed in the seating stem one turn and load five then screw in one more turn and load five etc. At 2.815" OAL the group opened up to 1 1/2". At 2.765" OAL the group was 1 1/4". At 2.715" OAL the group was 3/8". I wasn't really expecting that there would be that much difference by adjusting seating depth. Will load some more up at the 2.715" OAL and shoot them at 300yds and shoot over a chrono to get the velocity. I hoping this load will be consistent!!

Re: 260 Remington and 123 Amax seating depth results

So far, mine like to jump around .02.

Maybe varying the adjustment by 1/4 or 1/2 turn will help.

With a 1/4 turn, your adjustment will be around .012 or so.

In my experience, the SMK's and Amax's don't mind jumping. The VLD's are a different beast. Still working on that.

Any update on this load, trying out my 123's tomorrow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

In my experience, the SMK's and Amax's don't mind jumping. The VLD's are a different beast. Still working on that. </div></div>

I hear this all the time, but it doesn't make sense to me. A VLD is a secant ogive - which is what amax bullets have...