• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Remington build completed!!

Bigdude

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
Birmingham, Michigan
This build took me a while. The bolt, action and every other part was coated in Cerakote Elite Blackout.

Parts List:
-Blueprinted Remington 700 Action chambered in .260 Remington
-MDT LSS Chassis (Gen 2)
-CarbonSix Carbon Fiber 24” barrel
-March FX 5-40x56mm
-Fluted Bolt
-Skeletonized Bolt Handle with Carbon Fiber Knob
-PTG Aluminum Bolt Shroud
-Tubb Precision Firing Pin
-Tubb Precision CS Duo Firing Pin Spring
-XLR Tactical Lite Buttstock
-Smoke Composites Buffer Tube
-Hawkin’s Precision Titanium Muzzle Brake
-Hawkin’s Precision Long Range Hybrids Scope Rings (25 MOA)
-Trigger Tech Rem 700 Special Trigger
-MDT Pistol Grip
-MDT 8-round magazine
-Tier-One Tactical Bipod with M-Lok Adapter
-Tenebraex Flip-up Cap (Objective bell)
-Tenebraex Flip-up Cap (Ocular bell)

Total weight (includes bipod, scope & magazine)=10.91 lbs.

50322554381_811d9d9176_h.jpg

50322731837_e4cef52843_h.jpg

50322731747_2e63d5b070_h.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! First time I've ever seen one of those barrels, not really familiar with them?? Just checked out their website, looks like they have some interesting options for their barrels and the price seems decent. Have you shot it yet??

Wow. I'm building my first based on a Savage 10 FCP-SR in 6.5cm. Hope it turns out half as awesome as yer build. Well done. Thanks for sharing eye candy and details.

VooDoo

The xlr butt stock will just screw into the mdt chassis? For some reason I thought there was something else needed. I’m glad I am wrong about that, it looks great

Nice build. The Weaver Tactical is way underrated.

Looks great! First time I've ever seen one of those barrels, not really familiar with them?? Just checked out their website, looks like they have some interesting options for their barrels and the price seems decent. Have you shot it yet??

No have not shot it yet, will have to wait for spring because it too cold here in Michigan at the moment.

CarbonSix's barrels are competitively priced. As far as the machining/gunsmithing work...I am not happy. The muzzle brake is not timed properly and is slightly off center. So I have to send the barreled action to Kampfeld Customs to have the muzzle brake timing corrected. Also, CarbonSix was suppose to use the Pierce Engineering Titanium double pinned recoil lug that I sent them. But instead they used a cheap mild steel recoil lug and keep the one I sent them one. Nor did they offer any explanation as to why.

Last edited:
Sweet rig! I can't wait to hear how it shoots.

What kind of weight were you hoping for? Compared to my AI with Razor 4.5-27, you are about 6 pounds lighter :(

What kind of weight were you hoping for? Compared to my AI with Razor 4.5-27, you are about 6 pounds lighter :(

I was hoping to have the weight between 6-7 pounds not including the scope and bipod. I now realize that if I would have used the Remington model seven action instead, I would have hit my mark most likely.

awesome 260 Sir

love the caliber and that 24" barrel will get excellent velocity

Well crap, I was gettin close to pullin the trigger on a carbon six in PRC. I can see them having a busy day and forgetting about the lug but its not a good sign if they can't clock a brake right. I hope it shoots good.

Well crap, I was gettin close to pullin the trigger on a carbon six in PRC. I can see them having a busy day and forgetting about the lug but its not a good sign if they can't clock a brake right. I hope it shoots good.

It very well may shoot great, I don't know, so I don't wanna flame them or discredit them. But regarding the other issues...different story.

A question about the brake timing that you say is off. Why do you say that? What makes you think that it is off?

If it is because it is not 100% horizontal, but clocked a bit clockwise of horizontal by a few degrees, there is a reason for that. Most right handed shooters with a right twist rifle barrel experience an up and left hop, depending upon their ability to repeatably shoot with correct body position behind the rifle. It is common for a good gunsmith to clock the brake slightly clockwise of center to counteract this. Those that want a beautiful rifle to look at and do not know or care about this sort of thing might want it "corrected".

A question about the brake timing that you say is off. Why do you say that? What makes you think that it is off?

If it is because it is not 100% horizontal, but clocked a bit clockwise of horizontal by a few degrees, there is a reason for that. Most right handed shooters with a right twist rifle barrel experience an up and left hop, depending upon their ability to repeatably shoot with correct body position behind the rifle. It is common for a good gunsmith to clock the brake slightly clockwise of center to counteract this. Those that want a beautiful rifle to look at and do not know or care about this sort of thing might want it "corrected".

Thank you for your input. First, the gunsmith did not ask me if I would like the brake "clocked" a few degrees nor did he mention it upon delivery. Secondly, the brake is clocked in the opposite direction and would only be helpful if I was left handed. In my opinion, it is very clear that it was a mistake. I am not trying to flame CarbonSix and it is only a cosmetic mistake at best. Hopefully the barrel shoots greats and I can forget about the rest.

Thank you for your input. First, the gunsmith did not ask me if I would like the brake "clocked" a few degrees nor did he mention it upon delivery. Secondly, the brake is clocked in the opposite direction and would only be helpful if I was left handed. In my opinion, it is very clear that it was a mistake. I am not trying to flame CarbonSix and it is only a cosmetic mistake at best. Hopefully the barrel shoots greats and I can forget about the rest.
Yes, that is what is most important.

Nice rig. You will love the .260. Weaver Tacticals are way under rated.