• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 remington hornady 130 eld load data

CNJarvis

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2014
OKC
Can anyone give me the load data for this cartridge and bullet from the Hornady manual? In particular, I need data for H4350 and H4831.

I have the new Hornady manual on the way, but I hope to start loading before it arrives.

You can interchange 6.5CM data and move up in charge. There are a ton of loads posted in the Depot.

What rifle and chamber? You’ll want to measure the freebore but I’d venture that your good at mag length.

260 Rem
130g Projo
Start around 42g of H4350. You’ll probably land around 43g or maybe a hair over.

Reactions: Dstoenner
It’s a large-frame AR with a Proof Research barrel. Mag length will have to do unless I chamber each round manually.

I use 42gn. H4350 in Hornady 260 brass/ 130gn ELD-M, mag length. -Proof 20” large frame AR barrel.
2700 fps at the muzzle. You could go a little hotter, but I stopped there to help the brass last longer.

It’s a large-frame AR with a Proof Research barrel. Mag length will have to do unless I chamber each round manually.

I’d definitely start at 40g and work up in an AR. The data I gave was for a bolt gun. H4350 is the ticket. You might get slightly better results with AR-COMP.

Are you running an adjustable gas block?

Reactions: Defender3
I got ahold of a pic of the Hornady 10th ed. manual. They show 40.2 to 49.9 grains of H4831. They do not list loads using H4350.

Hodgdon’s shows 39.7 to 42.7 grains of H4350.

Superlative Arms AGB.

Reactions: la angler
In my 260 with Winchester (roomy brass) cases I found 42.5 45.5 range for 130’s without pressure signs with H4350.

With heavier cases and/or AR loaded lengths I’d knock off 1.5-2 grains at least from that range

What barrel length and is it a rifle length gas systems, a plus 2 and / or with an adjustable gas block?

I've found my 22" +2 gasser does not like hotter loaded rounds. For example, Prime and FGMM are great in my bolt .260 but a no-go in the gasser. The FGMM blows primers and the Primer just hammers the BCG.

My gasser also does not like faster, it has a sweet spot at around 2725-2750fps. I would work a load up from 41grs to be safe and I think you'll find 42, 42.2 or 42.4 will be like a laser.

Since you reload I'm sure you know this but I'll say it anyways, be cautious of rounds touching the lands as it will increase pressure and be cognizant that a gasser may develop a carbon ring at the throat that will increase pressures before a bolt gun.

Good luck.

My barrel is a 22” with a rifle +2” gas system. I have some case head swipe with the Hornady factory ammo but I haven’t had a chance to tune it all out yet. I’ve added a tungsten weight to the buffer to help fine tune things. We'll see how it works out.

I have to check my throat length but I don’t think it’s going to be an issue at mag length.