• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Remington rifles?

LRB45

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2009
Just tossing the ball around on getting my first long range/hunting rifle. I know that the 308 is a good overall option but was interested in the 260 Remington.

Which rifle makers out there make a factory rifle for the 260, or is it merely a custom project?

Are there some serious factory loads out there that would work for precision work and a hunting round?

Any info would be appreciated!

Re: 260 Remington rifles?

Factory Rem 260's don't have a fast enough twist for the 139/140/142 pills, there is factory 260 ammo out there, I recommend a 308.

Rem 308sps Tactical, Pay somebody to work over the trigger!
Badger Ordnance 20 moa one piece base
Badger Ordnance low rings
10x Super Sniper, or 10x Super Sniper HD
TAB or TIS sling
Harris 6-9 swivel, notched legs, KMW Pod-Lok
Tab or RedMan rear bag
Impact Data Book
Borka Mil-Spec Torque Wrench

308 ammo can be had in most places locally, 260 match ammo is mail order only.

The rifle build that was just announced is offered in 260, and I'm sure that will be an excellent rifle. Surgeon also has some rifles in 6.5 creedMoor that are ready to ship. Almost all the top rifle builders would be able to get you a 260 You just might have to wait a bit longer than you would if you were getting a .308, because it's less likely that there is one sitting around ready to be sold.

I swore a friend of mine had a factory .260 CZ but I cannot find anything about is so I take it back. Sorry for the bad info.