• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 Remmington

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
I wonder why Remmington doesn't come out with a 260 again. They could build in their 40X rifle. To me this would be a great time to reintroduce the 260 to the shooting market. Why drop the ball twice. Any insight on this.

Re: 260 Remmington

remington does have a 260 in a 700. I also had a varmint rem 700 in 260 rem. Buy a action and put a good barrel on from the start and cry once!! Lee

I have already done that. But was wondering why they don't make a rilfe in a 40x. The long range shooting has pick up in interest. This is one cal. that is comparing to the 6.5 Creedmoor. Really they don't have to do much.

They do make the rifle in a 40x the XB-KS or something like that

I have a model 7 and its a shooter. would love to have a varmint model though

It would be nice to be able to buy a factory 40X action 40X trigger with a 8 twist heavy to medium barrel on a decent stock. Then if Remmington would make some match ammo for it. I know Black Hills made some but it isn't on shelves everywhere.

The downside to the 40x that is offered is I believe you can only get a 1x9 twist.

which is the better all around choice for reloading and hunting 260 or 7mm-08?

Just thought I'd pick ya'lls brains

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">which is the better all around choice for reloading and hunting 260 or 7mm-08?

Just thought I'd pick ya'lls brains </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">??????????</span>

They're so close it's not funny. Same parent cartridge, both have good high-bc bullets available, both have excellent hunting bullets available. Pick one, shoot it. There are differences on paper, but there's not much practical difference.

Even if Rem did make one I wouldn't buy one, you can dress up a Yugo all you want, in the end its still a Yugo, Rem dropped the ball a long time ago, they dropped another with the X-Mark triggers, and I predict a boulder is coming for the rest of the company. The aftermarket is fat and happy to offer receivers, triggers and decent stocks, Rem like Leupold is cheapening up there products to stay alive, in turn people will continue to think there getting something really good, instead of lower end overpriced junk based on company name.

Alot of companies adapt to that method of business. Remmington I think is still a very good product. Their stocks and triggers are lacking alot but out of the box performance is usually good. It is better to pick up on an older BDL. You maybe right. Time will tell.
The price is still going up on the Remmingtons. Use to pick up a BDL for around 300 to 500 for a long time. Now I'am seeing prices up 800. Thats crazy

If they made a match rifle then they would have to make match ammo.
wink.gif
They dropped that ball long ago.

I think they started making some match ammo. I have shot some of it. the 175s did shoot good in my 308. I dont think they make it for any other cal. You are right they did drop the ball with the 260.

Dar I was talking about .260 match ammo as that is the title of this thread. I have used Rem .308 Match years ago and it shot good. If they would have built some rifles and some ammo for the .260 like they did for the .308 it would have been much more popular than it is now.

I look at them. they start at 949 up to 1139. They are getting a little price. Now you add a bedding job 135, new trigger 250, speedlock firing pin 90, plus it is a 9 twist on the barrel. Might have to shoot a lighter bullet. The price just went to 1424 to 1624. I think the gun could be design a little better.
If it had the 40x trigger it could be adjusted to a weight desire by the shooter. The twist should be at least a 8.5 to handle heavier bullets. Firing pin I can do without the speedlock. The action still would need to be beded.

Re: 260 Remmington is the one

Great caliber. Yes Remington dropped the ball on the rifles offered, the marketing and the ammo offered. I've had the 700 ADL synthetic, a700VLS and now a CDL LTD. All good guns. A friend has a & CDL and loves it. I shoot 120 gn HPBT for target and 129s for hunting white tails.

Re: 260 Remmington is the one

What sells continues to be made.

Problem is, we're not the makers' customers; the distributers are. S.H.O.T. Show? Ringing any bells?

You want to see more .260's being made? Rattle the distributers' cages.

Greg