• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

260 vs 7-08

jtatum1

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2010
MS
hey guys. I am new here. I have a surgeon action in a aics stock that needs a new barrel. I was wondering which would be a better long range round. Want to shoot to 1k yrds. I would like to hear from those of you who have shot both and why you like what you like. barrel maker recomendations and twist rate would be appreciated as well as what bullet you were shooting. Thanks for your help

Re: 260 vs 7-08

IMO 260 is best but either one will do it. You will have better bullet selection with the 260 and it will buck the wind better. I hunt with the 7mm-08 and it is a great round and it will stretch out to 1k but not as well.

thanks diggler. have you finished it yet? if so, how do you like it. My rifle has a 6.5x47l barrel on it now. the first 200 rounds out of it were bad to the bone, but i have spent the next 900+ trying to find the right load again. i have tried everything, and I am at my witts end with this caliber. Hate to say it, but i have almost lost confidence with the 6.5 all together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtatum1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks diggler. have you finished it yet? if so, how do you like it. My rifle has a 6.5x47l barrel on it now. the first 200 rounds out of it were bad to the bone, but i have spent the next 900+ trying to find the right load again. i have tried everything, and I am at my witts end with this caliber. Hate to say it, but i have almost lost confidence with the 6.5 all together.</div></div>

not done yet, however if you already have 6.5x47 brass you may want to look into the 6x47 lapua its what i am running on my current match rifle and love it with the 115 dtacs. if you have bushing dies you can just swap out the bushing. its a barrel burner but a fun flat wind bucking round.