• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.264 LBC REPR.....Well close to it anyways.

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
Well, I finally finished my .264 LBC / Grendel... Since everyone is putting up their 6.5's for review. I thought that I'd join in too. I'm calling it a .264 LBC REPR as it is utilizing the Adams Arms Piston System, and along with the combination of the Sampson rail...well it sort of looks like a REPR.

I was able to get it out today, and I have to tell you that I am Very Happy with this build.
I sighted it in for 100 yards and then I took it out to 200 yards. I was shooting AA 123 Scenars and Hornady 123 Amax's, factory ammo. The barrel is just getting broken in, but this rifle has tons of potential. Man I am loving this build! I'm just waiting on my case holders and I'll start working on some load development. I think I'll start with the 123 Amax's first.

Build components,
1. POF 416 Lower
2. JP lower parts kit
3. BAD ASS levers
4. Timney 3 lb. Trigger
5. KNS anti Rotations
6. ASA Side Charge Upper
7. Adams Arms Mid length Piston system
8. BCM Extractor Spring Upgrade
9. Wolf Rifle Length spring
10.BHW 18" full Fluted, stainless, 1-8 twist, Polygonal Rifled Barrel, threaded 5/8-24.
11.POF 3 port brake
12.Magpul MIAD
13.Magpul PRS
14.USO swing level
15.Larue Tactical SPR-S Mount LT-158
16.Nightforce 3.5-15X50, NP-R1, ZS, HS.
17.LaRue Tactical Harris Bipod Adapter LT-130
18.Harris BRM-S with Pod Claws and Pads
19.C Products Mags
20.Cascadia Armament Design QDSP Mod. 2's
21.Sampson Manufacturing Evolution 9.0 EX Rail
22.Atlas Mono Pod
23.TIS sling
24.Pod Claw Pouch
25.MGM Switch View

On my shitty bathroom scale. The rifle comes in at 10.0 lbs as photographed.

Here is the eye candy.....
B.jpg

A.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

J.jpg

K.jpg

Center bottom target was my initial target with the scenars. After I settled in, scenars where hitting the top center fairly well. Top left is 10 rounds of Factory Hornady. Far right was my 6X45. I didn't want to shoot all of my 6.5 ammo up and I needed to check my zero on the 45 for yotes this weekend.
photo.jpg

Re: .264 LBC REPR.....Well close to it anyways.

Great looking build, I have been considering a JP 6.5G upper.

Did you get the PRS sling adapter from ARctangent?

Expect 1 MOA or better at 200 yards with the JP 6.5 CTR-02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dtarget</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking build, I have been considering a JP 6.5G upper.

Did you get the PRS sling adapter from ARctangent? </div></div>

Yes, as you know he has spent a whole bunch of time on those sling plates and the quality of his work is incredible. I discovered his work over on AR15.com while he was developing them. For those that would like to mount a QD sling onto your PRS. He provides an excellent method.

Here is his website,
http://cascadiaarmamentdesign.com/store/...1kgcegnpkns7jl1

Here is the thread where he developed the Plates,
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=470899

That's a sweet rig.

When I custom build my next Grendel, it will have a piston and side charger as well.

I HATE the traditional AR charging method.

What other brand has a side charging handle other than a JP?

I will check those uppers out, thanks.

STS,

Nice build!

A couple questions if you get time. What velocity are you pushing out the AA and Hornady 123's? Not factory spec, chrono'd or actual drops distance-distance.

And, if you have the info, what is the leade/throat dimensions? Just wondering if you get a little more room to seat bullets out and if it helps any with velocity or accuracy?

I gotta say too, I like that charging handle. At least where it is. If it sticks out enough that you're not catching on the mag release or selector. I mean knicking your knuckles on them as you go by. I'm with eleaf in that the standard charging handle is a pain in the ass. I have a tactical extension on a couple of mine and that's okay. I still need to remind myself to pull it straight back. The offset has me tending to pull off to the right and jam up a bit.

STS , we are almost neigbours, is that the TRR range??
Nice grendel by the way, i love mine too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STS,
I'm with eleaf in that the standard charging handle is a pain in the ass. I have a tactical extension on a couple of mine and that's okay. I still need to remind myself to pull it straight back. The offset has me tending to pull off to the right and jam up a bit. </div></div>

On my Grendel I'm using the PRI Gas Buster ( http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=856208 ) and it works well as a charging handle, though with big glass (and I have HUGE glass on my Grendel - IOR 3.5-18x50 ffp MP8/mil) even the super big latch isn't big enough for my tastes.

From here on out, on my AR rifles it's side charging handle (on either side, I don't care) or bust! No more bullshit. No more scraped up ass knuckles (which are a PITA when you're on blood thinners - even a slight nick or scratch bleeds for fucking ever).

What is a BHW barrel, I have not heard of that.

Thanks Drifter1, I had not heard of that one. I will check it out.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The rifle has been a pleasure to build.

sandwarrior,
Here is a link to the .264 LBC dimensions,
http://www.accurateshooter.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3741343.0;attach=862586

I haven't had any rounds over the chrono as the weather this time of year in the PNW just plain sucks. Those photos were taken at high noon here and I had to use a flash. I use a CED chrono with IR screens and I'll get some data when it isn't raining. I see your from Minny. I was born and raised there, I'd trade cold and clear for our weather any day....
The side charger from ASA is very nice. It is the second one that I own and they have designed a very good system. There isn't any issue with the bolt release and the charging handle. The only issue I had was on my very first build using their upper, and that was when I tried to use a DPMS Tactical Bolt Release. The upper pad was too wide for the relief that is cut into the uppers side. So if you use a standard bolt release you'll be GTG.

eleaf,
I'm with ya on that one. When you start using full size glass, the side charger is the only way to go!

attherange,
Yep. TRR. Are you a member too?

Drifter1,

Yes, Black Hole weaponry. The 1-8 twist is not on their website, but they accomodated my request and had the barrel to me in exactly 2 weeks. Their pricing is excellent, and this barrel is absolutely going to be a hammer. So far I am very impressed with their product.

I have a shipment of another 200 rounds of 123 Amax's inbound and 123 scenars. I plan to stretch the rifles legs in the next week or so. I'll post results when I have them.

With your upper, does the charging handle reciprocate or not? Very nice looking build. One of the nicest I have seen in a very long time. JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silverbullet-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> With your upper, does the charging handle reciprocate or not? Very nice looking build. One of the nicest I have seen in a very long time. JPG</div></div>
Thanks. No the charging handle dosen't reciprocate. It has a fold flush handle that is self stoing after charging the rifle. I'll have to post a few photos of how the mechanism works when I return home. Basically the BCG is milled to allow the charge handle to grasp the front left edge of the BCG. Again photos are worth a thousand of my words. But the Adams Arms BCG was machined for me by ASA. They had it modified and in the UPS truck the same day I ordered it. Great customer service from a gent named Daniel.

NICE! I don't know how I managed a normal charging handle with a scope for all these years. I love my LWRC REPR! JPG

how ya like the level--cannot decide where I want 1--on the scope or rail or.............

STS, great looking rifle, drove over to Moses Lake this week and picked up a 18 inch 1-8 twist mid-lenght barrel from BHW in 264lbc myself. Put her together and started to break in the barrel, shes not as pretty as yours, but I think the potential in this rifle is awesome especially with 264 chamber. Caudle does seem to make some very good rifle barrels I must say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STS, great looking rifle, drove over to Moses Lake this week and picked up a 18 inch 1-8 twist mid-lenght barrel from BHW in 264lbc myself. Put her together and started to break in the barrel, shes not as pretty as yours, but I think the potential in this rifle is awesome especially with 264 chamber. Caudle does seem to make some very good rifle barrels I must say. </div></div>

Thanks. I am very happy with BHW's barrel so far. It was pretty nice to be able to support another WA manufacturer too. Make sure you share your load development. I'll be working up some loads over the next week or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dose BHW do custom stuff? I have an idea of what I want an my patience with Satern is getting thin.
cedrake
</div></div>

Satern has barrels in stock. What is it you are looking for? I've had great luck dealing with Satern. He is swamped though, if you are wanting something special.

my communications have been through email and I haven't gotten a reply in over a week. with my current work/school scheduled I haven't been able to try to call. I would believe they would have what I want in stock but I cant get in contact with them.