• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: 270 win?

I like the .270 for a hunting round, it has good ballistics....but there aren't many match bullets made for it. I say shoot what ever makes you content, but there are other calibers available to you, with far more bullet choices. Not knockin the .270 at all, just saying.

I have a friend with a .270 win. set up for long range...he shoots Berger's 150 VLD at 3000fps. BC on that bullet is .531. It reaches out there pretty good!!

If you're talking hunting, it's a great round. For targets most prefer a 6.5 or 7mm (in similar calibers at least) due to the greater avaliability of match grade bullets in a wide variety of weights and configurations. A 6.5-06, 6.5-284, or 280 are so similar in proformance the differences are mostly achedemic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: willsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're talking hunting, it's a great round. For targets most prefer a 6.5 or 7mm (in similar calibers at least) due to the greater avaliability of match grade bullets in a wide variety of weights and configurations. A 6.5-06, 6.5-284, or 280 are so similar in proformance the differences are mostly achedemic. </div></div>

+1 Well said.