• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

270 wsm loads

bcpdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
NW Louisiana
First of all I'm not a big fan of the 270 wsm. However I have a friend who is and seems to like whatever is different. That being said I am trying to help him out. Did not have much luck in the advanced search on this subject. He has a savage 270 wsm and getting about 2 moa out of it with factory ammo. I am a good shooter and squeezed out 1.5 moa. My question is is this typical and can better accuracy be gained by reloading? Would like to hear about personal experiences with this cal/make or loading for the wsm. Keep in mind that this is a hunting rifle and shots taken with this rifle will probably not be over 400 yards. The bbl twist rate is unknown to me.

Re: 270 wsm loads

Its probably a 10 twist.

My Winchester 70 270WSM shoots 1/2 MOA shooting 130 SSTs .003" off the lands 65.5 grains of RL-19 with 215M primers - 3260 MV from a 24" barrel.
And it shoots 150 Bergers at 1 MOA.