• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

270WIN, Win vs Rem, does one brand hold more than the other?

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
I know for the 30-06 Win holds about 1 grain more than Rem , am I to assume it's about the same with the 270Win?

It's only a curiosity. I think WW cases have a reputation for thinner walls, resulting in very slightly more internal volume. This is not a big deal. If you like your Remington, you can keep your Remington.

No, really. the difference in case capacity is way down the list. I haven't shot 270 for quite a while, but the difference could come down to serviceability. Meaning, how many cycles do you get before trimming to length, split necks, enlarged primer pockets, etc. Cost is also a factor.

I would not decide to purchase a particular brand of cartridge brass based on internal volume. BB

I found 1 pc. of Win brass and it looks like the Win holds about 1.2grs more of RE22 over the Rem brass.

I've found a wide variance between brands. I load 40 gr H380 and 50 vmax in my 22-250 with win brass, it fills to the shoulder/neck junction. I had a few PMC brass in the mix and I couldn't even fit 39 grains in the case.