• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.277 dia Bullet Question

207Copper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2008
Independence, Kansas
Is there anyone out there that makes a true AP bullet in .277 dia bullet? not the preloaded stuff from SSA. I hand load for my 6.8 SPC bolt gun and would like to find some.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Re: .277 dia Bullet Question

Given that a 6.8 is no rocket ship, and you won't being doing any AP with one, beyond a car door or body armor, Barnes does make a banded solid 110 gr .277.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/products/rifle/banded-solids/

As far as a true AP bullet with a hardened steel or exotic metal core, I have never heard of one in .277.

I always remember the wonderful video of the troops in Somalia trying to take out some "technicals" who were using a dump truck for cover (the dumping part). The 223s (and I'm sure 6.8s) bounced off that ancient pile of iron. Then two SEALS drove up in their dune buggy with a Barrett 50 semi auto. Soon there were chunks of the bad guys flying everywhere.... game over!

enjoy!