• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

285 Hornady 338 RUM /Edge load data

pd721el

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
I just got some of the Hornady 285gr 338 BTHP. Midway shows them out of stock, but they shipped in 2 days. They look real good, about the same size as a 300 SMK with a better point.
Anyway I called Hornady and they do not have load data for the RUM or Edge. I know they are new but have anyone done anything with these yet. Hornady told me to start with 300 SMK data and work slow.

Re: 285 Hornady 338 RUM /Edge load data

That's probably good advise. I was going to try them myself but they're $80/100. I run 91.3gr of H1000 w/ the 300 smk's and have great results.

I hope the 285's come out at a better price in the future. Good luck.

I thought they were going to be better priced also. I got to try them as right now I cant find a load I'm happy with the 300 SMK. It like the 300 lapua's ($$$$) and the 250 Accubonds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pd721el</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought they were going to be better priced also. I got to try them as right now I cant find a load I'm happy with the 300 SMK. It like the 300 lapua's ($$$$) and the 250 Accubonds. </div></div>

That's the first I've ever heard of an Edge not liking the smk's. What's the problem you're having and what have you tried?