• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

285gr 338 Flatline

Dan Warner

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
In case you haven't seen our press release on FB, the new 338 is available on our website. We will be posting starting loads when i return from Shot next week. For now though, you will still be safe with H1000 in the Lapua case. RL26 will be a bit too hot so i wouldn't recommend it there.

Dan, can you give us some recommendations on your preferred twist and rifling profile for these please?

Needs a 9 twist or faster. Standard barrel configurations are good; you don't need anything special to run these. 4 groove, 5r, even the Schneider polygonal stuff seems to be ok.

We are planning on finishing a 375 Snipetac / 338 Snipetac switch barrel I can see these running at a easy to obtain 3400 fps in the 338 Snipetac some day.
361s and 285 Flat lines for sure.

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

Hi Dan, with the pending relaxation of ITAR regulations will you be able to sell Flatlines to us Canadian folks?

Here's hoping...

You do know that we have a Canadian importer/distributor right?
Selling direct will depend on what changes actually occur. And even if ITAR regs change to allow such transactions, projectiles will most likely remain on the US Munitions list, so export will still be a requirement.

Hi,

The pending ITAR changes are to remove Categories I, II and III from DDTC control and place them under EAR (Dept of Commerce) control so that would remove any export licenses needed for anything in those Categories :)

When the changes take place is yet to be seen. DTAG (Defense Trade Advisory Group) is still working with Dept of Commerce in lining out the ECCN numbers for product categories as well as DTAG is working within DDTC to specifically list which items of those Categories that will remain DDTC. Those items will be ones that have nothing except military useage.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: oinco
Has any transitional testing been done with this bullet like the 256gr?
If not is there any plans to do so?

Hi,

The pending ITAR changes are to remove Categories I, II and III from DDTC control and place them under EAR (Dept of Commerce) control so that would remove any export licenses needed for anything in those Categories :)

When the changes take place is yet to be seen. DTAG (Defense Trade Advisory Group) is still working with Dept of Commerce in lining out the ECCN numbers for product categories as well as DTAG is working within DDTC to specifically list which items of those Categories that will remain DDTC. Those items will be ones that have nothing except military useage.

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks for that. I was not aware that the changes proposed were that broad. Will be following that for sure.

Has any transitional testing been done with this bullet like the 256gr?
If not is there any plans to do so?

No. Not at this time. While we never make assumptions for obvious reasons, we will conclude that the stability results will be consistent accross all of the Flatlines that have the same geometry characteristics. Thus, I am certain that the 285 will transition very much the same as the 256. Our 121gr 6.5 may be the exception to that generalization since its geometry is quite a bit different.

Reactions: jasent