• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2A march, WTF happend with it?

Re: 2A march, WTF happend with it?

Local DC news portrayed as

Some 2A folks gathered in Arlington to express support for the second ammendment today... then they interview one normal guy and one redneck sayin' something about them guys in Washington n our freedemz n stutterin' n liberteez.

But they weren't the only rally that day. Over on The Hill anti gun protestors gathered as well.... "Yeah, we came here to day to show everyone that we are the majority, and not everyone wants guns. They're scary, I have children (so cute they are), and look at how small the group across the Potomac is. We don't need to do something because 5% of the people support it."

Wow. They legally walked around near Washington with unloaded weapons.
What a sense of accomplishment they must have felt.

Next week's airsoft rally should be kick-ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. They legally walked around near Washington with unloaded weapons.
What a sense of accomplishment they must have felt.

Next week's airsoft rally should be kick-ass. </div></div>

Yeah, it was a march in Va, up to the river, across which is Washington, while carrying unloaded, flagged, and barrels toward ground rifles.

A real 2A rally, a sight I'd like to see one day, would be hosting the (Rest of ) The Nation's Gun Show on the National Mall.

PS The airsoft rally is on-hold due to liability issues since airsoft is more dangerous than a real unloaded rifle. The projectiles don't show up on metal detectors, so safety is hard to guarantee to say the least. They may have a workaround soon though.

I guess my point is that the law would have allowed them to carry loaded weapons, but, and I am assuming, the rally organizers forbade them from doing so.

There's some seriously fucked up hypocrisy at work there, if that is the case.

It's like they're saying, "We think these people should be able to carry loaded weapons in public.... just not here, today, while we're around."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess my point is that the law would have allowed them to carry loaded weapons, but, and I am assuming, the rally organizers forbade them from doing so.
</div></div>

I believe that in Va you cannot "walk in public" or some such language with a loaded rifle unless there is a reasonable perception of needing it for defense, like maybe in the event of a deer stampede or a hoarde of rabid squirrels. I've not seen someone open carry an AR into a restaurant or other store, so I don't know about the rules there. Not sure I'd be up for testing the response on that one myself, even if legal. It was televised as an event rule to be unloaded and muzzle down. Hopefully folks didn't unload their pistols too?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I believe that in Va you cannot "walk in public" or some such language with a loaded rifle unless there is a reasonable perception of needing it for defense, </div></div>

Would it not have been reasonable to say that it was needed for defense from all of the other people walking around with loaded guns?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
PS The airsoft rally is on-hold due to liability issues since airsoft is more dangerous than a real unloaded rifle. </div></div>

I thought it was because Maser couldn't get time off to lead the parade

Even with the recent law changes in D.C. you cannot carry a loaded firearm under any circumstances. If your firearm leaves your house, it must be disassembled, locked, and ammo locked and separated from the weapon. Even if you only have ammo in your vehicle, you can be charged "per round" if it is unsecured.

I am no lawyer but that is how it was explained to me.

Hence: The rally staying in VA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Probably a scheduling conflict with a pride parade somewhere.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even with the recent law changes in D.C. you cannot carry a loaded firearm under any circumstances. If your firearm leaves your house, it must be disassembled, locked, and ammo locked and separated from the weapon. Even if you only have ammo in your vehicle, you can be charged "per round" if it is unsecured.

I am no lawyer but that is how it was explained to me.

Hence: The rally staying in VA </div></div>

All true, but isn't it generally accepted that if you take your gun from point A to point B that if you pass through point C it doesn't matter if the firearm is banned, say an SBR, so long as you don't use it? Is it not also true that people are saying that the feds forcing to to buy something is unconstitutional? If the SC rules that way, then DC has no recourse in not wanting you to transport by foot an unloaded rifle from Va to Md and back via the bridges providing access. There are still no loaded weapons, but at least that's something you might be able to get 10K people to do as a real march that sends a message... and I would assume secure ammo, which on a person would be a pocket or backpack, would also have to be protected so long as you were within the law of Va and Md.

I'm not into throwing stones across the river or protests in general, but if there was enough people behind something like that I might get at least a family member or friend to go do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Probably a scheduling conflict with a pride parade somewhere.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Yeah, weather has been ruining our set schedules. ^_^