• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2A News Update: SCOTUS Justice Barrett considers hearing IL AWB case, requests immediate briefing

748rpilot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2023
USA
Case in question is Bevis v Naperville, IL which originally was filed against the City of Naperville and their local firearm & magazine ban, then expanded to include PICA / State of IL AWB.

Justice Barrett immediately requested a briefing, due Dec 6 5pm EST.

The SCOTUS docket is available at: https://www.supremecourt.gov/search.aspx?filename=/docket/docketfiles/html/public/23a486.html

This will be one week ahead of the case in the IL Southern District to address the question of the registration component. This case is under Judge McGlynn, who previously issued a state-wide injunction against PICA, resulting in Illinois "Freedom Week". Arguments are set for Dec 12.

I'll believe it when I see it..
The SCOTUS is a massive disappointment with the exception of Thomas.

Wonder why they haven't addressed the FOID cluster fuck?
It isn't racist to require ID to own a gun but voting seems to be.
I dare them to prove me wrong on either.

R
As do I. But with Permit to Purchase failing in MA and OR, and several ongoing FOID cases in IL (some that the State has lost), there's some hope it will be close in line for the chopping block.

I'm hoping for a positive outcome on this, but I just don't see it happening this close to the end of the year