• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Amendment under threat from left and right.

TheBrewMaster

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
SLC, Utah
Dear xxx,

Did you hear Rick Santorum defending his anti-Second Amendment record in last night's debate?

He proudly stated he supported - and worked to create - anti-gun legislation to avoid something worse coming along.

Rick just doesn't seem to get it.

If our country is being driven to the edge at 80 miles an hour, you don't slow down to 75 once you get control of the car.

You slam on the brakes and turn around!

xxx, I've never been afraid to stand against EVERY gun grab, EVERY bailout, and EVERY attempt to undermine our national sovereignty.

Although Rick Santorum tried to deflect attention by attacking my Second Amendment record, I'm proud of my hard work on behalf of gun owners.

In fact, in 2011, I was given the "Defender of the Second Amendment Award" by Gun Owners of America. GOA's Executive Director, Larry Pratt, described me as "a leader in the fight to defend and restore the Second Amendment."

I've introduced legislation to:
*** Repeal the Brady Bill, which sets up virtually all the infrastructure the government needs to implement national gun registration;

*** Repeal the so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban, which banned an entire class of firearms based on little more than looking scary;

*** End U.S. membership in the anti-gun United Nations to ensure American tax dollars are not used to fund global gun control schemes like the so-called "Small Arms Treaty";

*** Repeal the dangerous "Gun-Free School Zone Act," which virtually guarantees that bloodthirsty criminals will face no opposition should they choose to go on a rampage.

And I'm not just the only remaining candidate to answer the National Association for Gun Rights' Presidential Survey 100% - I'm the only remaining candidate proud enough of my record to respond at all.

As President, you have my word that I'll lead the charge to repeal every single unconstitutional gun-grab currently on the books.

Last night's debate provided just the latest example of why my campaign achieved historic success in states as diverse as Iowa and New Hampshire and is now surging in South Carolina, while counterfeit conservatives like Rick Santorum struggle to find momentum.

Voters don't want Big Government invading their lives one step at a time.

They don't want someone who thinks you fight unconstitutional legislation by creating your own.

They want a proven leader who will keep government off their backs, away from their wallets, and out of their everyday lives - period!

They want a candidate who will:
*** CUT $1 trillion in federal spending his first year in office;

*** ELIMINATE five federal departments and return power to the states;

*** BALANCE our out-of-control budget in only three years;

*** FIGHT gun grabbers, Big Labor, and the reckless spenders at the Federal Reserve each time they try to ram through another powergrab;

*** MAINTAIN a fighting force that is second-to-none while refusing to surrender our national sovereignty to carry out the UN's decrees.

I will lead on principle in the White House just like I've stood firm for liberty, limited government, and the Constitution in Congress.

If you're ready for a President who will reject any scheme that strips away more of your freedoms...

If you're sick and tired of the status quo and business-as-usual...

And if you're ready to take back your God-given rights...

... then I ask for your support today to help me get my consistent conservative message out to the voters in South Carolina.

I ask for your help to contact as many people as I can to let them know they don't have to settle for a candidate who will have to spend the entire general election campaign apologizing for endorsing the same disastrous policies as Barack Obama.

Many South Carolinians are just now making their final decision on who to support, and I want to make sure their last impression of my campaign is the truth - not the establishment media's distortions.

Please, donate whatever you are able right away to help me reach these voters today and secure another historic finish this weekend in South Carolina.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Counterfeit conservatives like Rick Santorum may think you fight unconstitutional legislation by writing some of your own.

I think you fight against Big Government by standing on principle - EVERY time.

And judging by the reaction my campaign is receiving from voters all across the country - not to mention our incredible finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire and our surge in South Carolina - the American people are ready for a President who refuses to ever bow the knee to Big Government.

Many South Carolinians are just now making their final decision on who to support for President. And I need your help to guarantee the last impression they get of my campaign is the truth - not the establishment media's distortions.

Please, if you are able, donate whatever you can right away to ensure my campaign can reach these voters in this final week before the South Carolina primary.

Re: 2nd Amendment under threat from left and right.

You should move this to "S2 Intel - 2nd Amendment Only". Tread lightly as political posts are verboten. Keep it gun related

I thought this was called the "bear pit" for a reason?

The subject of the post seemed like an accurate description of the post. Facts are funny things and our constitutional right is threatened. Like it or not thats a fact!

If the 2nd Amendment is a touchy subject for some to read, I would suggest not reading a post knowing that the subject touches a nerve for that particular individual.

That being said, Had I known there was a 2nd Amendment only thread I would have posted it there. If someone in the know wants to move the post there please do so.

No need for those that don't care about our constitutional rights to be offended and ruin the 1st Amendment for everyone. Then when our once right is gone this forum can be used exclusively for all things PE like video games and in some circles Sports... But of course no making fun of the team that comes in 2nd place!!!

Please just move this post and fork over the bottle.

and of course I mean no disrespect. I only want to illustrate that if they can ignore habeas corpus and the bill of rights (NDAA) they can and will do anything and everything...

So for the record can the aforementioned ramblings be written in the " 2nd Amendment Only" thread or confined only to thoughts or run the risk of being ostracized?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

ban_hammer.jpg

I do like your post - maybe delete it and repost it in the 2nd amendment section as to help avoid the ban hammer?

I do totaly agree with everything youve said btw
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBrewMaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They want a candidate who will:
*** CUT $1 trillion in federal spending his first year in office;

*** ELIMINATE five federal departments and return power to the states;

*** BALANCE our out-of-control budget in only three years;

*** FIGHT gun grabbers, Big Labor, and the reckless spenders at the Federal Reserve each time they try to ram through another powergrab;

*** MAINTAIN a fighting force that is second-to-none while refusing to surrender our national sovereignty to carry out the UN's decrees.

I will lead on principle in the White House just like I've stood firm for liberty, limited government, and the Constitution in Congress.

If you're ready for a President who will reject any scheme that strips away more of your freedoms...

If you're sick and tired of the status quo and business-as-usual...

And if you're ready to take back your God-given rights...

... then I ask for your support today to help me get my consistent conservative message out to the voters in South Carolina.

I ask for your help to contact as many people as I can to let them know they don't have to settle for a candidate who will have to spend the entire general election campaign apologizing for endorsing the same disastrous policies as Barack Obama.

Many South Carolinians are just now making their final decision on who to support, and I want to make sure their last impression of my campaign is the truth - not the establishment media's distortions.

Please, donate whatever you are able right away to help me reach these voters today and secure another historic finish this weekend in South Carolina.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Counterfeit conservatives like Rick Santorum may think you fight unconstitutional legislation by writing some of your own.

I think you fight against Big Government by standing on principle - EVERY time.

And judging by the reaction my campaign is receiving from voters all across the country - not to mention our incredible finishes in Iowa and New Hampshire and our surge in South Carolina - the American people are ready for a President who refuses to ever bow the knee to Big Government.

Many South Carolinians are just now making their final decision on who to support for President. And I need your help to guarantee the last impression they get of my campaign is the truth - not the establishment media's distortions.

Please, if you are able, donate whatever you can right away to ensure my campaign can reach these voters in this final week before the South Carolina primary.</div></div>

Albeit your post does have to do with the 2nd, it seems it has more do do with party politics which is not allowed Bearpit or otherwise.

I've got a bumper sticker that says "guns have two enemies rust and politicians"
We can protect against rust.

Maybe some here have read the quote by Isoroku Yamamoto

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

It's very unlikely that a foreign power can take away our guns... Although if the Queen (England) did so before they taxed us into the Revolution it is quite conceivable that we would still be occupied by the British.

If the people of California took more of an interactive role in "explicit" (read politics) maybe they would be more friendly towards firearms.

People donate to the NRA not so the NRA can go to a foreign power and plea don't take our guns... NO!!! they go to our government! The same government that should work for the PEOPLE.

"Only an armed people can be truly free.Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved."- Aristotle

I find it strange that one can talk about anything on God's green earth to include posting curse words in photos; but heaven forbid that we have an intelligent conversation on the framework that gives us the right to bear arms. And never mind that recently we are being stripped of our rights and the similarities in our policies to that of Nazi Germany (protect the homeland).

Sad that I see so many quotes from our founding fathers but so few understand what they stood for. Reminds me of the wolf masquerading as a sheep.

There was a time when Men were Men (and that includes Women) But now it seems like we were only allowed to think but don't speak. It seems like now we are so afraid to hurt one anothers feelings, and somewhere we lost our ability to reason. And remind me again what is the difference between man and beast...

i got banned for posting in here watch out, just move it to the 2nd forum it was just a slap on the wrist but just looking out or trying to for a fellow hide