• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Annual Michigan Precision Rifle Challenge 2 slots left.

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    Its time once again to open the registration for the 2nd annual MPRSC match held at Blue Water Sportsman Assoc. This year is 2 day event the dates are September 20 - 21 2014. We have slots available for 36 competitors and maybe a few more. All targets this year will be 1 - 2 moa targets and we are contemplating about giving ranges. We have a great sponsor list this year and we are so thankful for their very generous donations and we are hoping that everybody will receive something for their efforts.

Sponsor list:

XLR Industries | Tactical Innovation Redefined
    Copper Creek Cartridge Co.
    Thunder Beast Arms Corporation [TBAC] | Long Range Experts | Specializing in Titanium Silencers
    Broughton Rifle Barrels by North Manufacturing Co., Inc. (Broughton Barrels)
    U.S. OPTICS - Engineered for Extreme Performance
    Manners Composite Stocks
    Southern Precision Rifles (Southern Precision Rifles)
    Pierce Engineering
    Grizzly Targets | AR500 Steel Targets
    Kelbly's Rifles - Custom Rifles | Rifle Actions | Rifle Stocks | Rifle Scopes
    ASCMatch.com | Official Home of the Allegheny Sniper Challenge
    Welcome to OAKLAND TACTICAL - Hard Use Firearms and Components
    http://www.benchmark-barrels.com/
    Home « Defiance Machine Defiance Machine
    Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Main Page

I believe more have committed at this time.

THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL MATCH, NOT A TEAM !!!!

DATES : Sept.20 & 21, 2014

PLACE : BWSA 4866 Ravenswood Rd, Kimball, MI 48074

DIRECTIONS : on website Blue Water Sportsman's Association Home Page

START TIME : Be on range 7:15/ 7:30. Safety briefing at 7:30, Match starts at 8:00 AM

ROUND COUNT : 150 rds is adequate

RIFLES : nothing larger than .30 cal

COURSE OF FIRE : will be provided the day of the match

RULES :MUST USE EMPTY CHAMBER FLAGS , ANYTHING YOU CAN OR WANT TO CARRY , NOT PERMITTED TO RETURN TO YOUR VEHICLE . Please bring water and food for breaks during stages. This greatly speeds up the match

ENTRY FEE : pre-registration only by money order, $ 200 includes dinner Saturday night and Match shirt. Will provide menu at a later time

SEND TO : Rich Grinn 649 Woodcreek Dr Waterford Mi 48327 My contact info [email protected]

CAMPING : free on range, tent or campers

All monies collected will go back to the shooters in some form or another the club will receive their share for hosting the match. Top shooters will receive a significant cash payout for their efforts. Thanks Mike for your template... LOL

Please only 1 payment for competitor. Do not send multiple payments.

Thanks again for everybody's support we cant do this without you.

Rich Grinn

Please visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Precision-Rifle-Steel-Challenge/665637820161326

August 10 and the 23st will be range days to come and gather data and get warmed up.

Last edited:
    Thanks Rich. Looking forward to another great time.

Question; can you elaborate on the typical format of a 2-day match? Does it mean all 36 shooters compete both days, or do 18 shooters shoot the course on the first day, and another 18 shooters shoot the same course on the second day?

Thanks

[MENTION=1422]SSG3K[/MENTION] Am I to understand to ask for a match slot we must send a money order?

2 full days of solid shooting all 36 shooters each day. To secure a slot please send your contact info and payment. This secures a slot for the match. If you shot the match last year you know what the prizes were and what the payout was. It should be 2 to 3 times more this time if everything goes right and it will.

I almost forgot, lets give Jeremy Swanson a huge round as he is the solely for procuring all the prizes for the prize table. He is a great promoter..

Rich

and it might be a good idea to included shirt size with payment.

Already receiving payment I predict 50% full by Thursday. Thanks guys.

thought I heard someone last year say they were looking into extending the range, maybe they did?

Glad I paid for two priority mail from my house to yours Rich... 48 hours later and it’s been to San Jose CA and hopefully on its way back...

update, you should be getting mine today as it is listed "out for delivery".... two priority mail = four point five, next time I will see if the have a yesterday delivery option.

Last edited:
    1. Scott B
    2. John S
    3. Jon P
    4. David K
    5. Jason M
    6. Brian G
    7. Robert K
    8. Scott E
    9. Steve P
    10. Ryan E
    11. SakoBob
    12. Mark K
    13. Dereck. P
    14. Nick P
    15. Jeremy
    16. Russ R

Paid shooters at this time. Thanks again

Rich, the money order went out today. Hope it gets to you in time. Shirts I would like L and XL. Thanks, Bill

That is a great list of sponsors. We have 4 Canadians coming with us know. You should have my Money in a couple of days. Gun is at the smith getting a fresh 260 ai on. Should be back next weekend end then the push to get it seasoned and ready to go.
    What is the range we will be shooting out to this year?

17. Bill W
    18. Sean D (Canada)
    19. Ryan M. (Canada)
    20. Jim Ugh!

Remember paid entry guarantees a slot. I have more names to post by the weekend.

Thanks again.

21. Felipe
    22. Swank
    23. Will T
    24. Eric B
    25. Ed B

Last edited:
    A few spots left... If your on the fence and have never experienced this before, please come. You will not be disappointed.

Rich

Rich, Wayne and I are in. Money orders will go out this weeknd.

Thanks again
    Dusty

Sorry no paypal, mo only. I had a very bad experience with paypal a while ago and it will not be repeated. We have 9 slots left. Please if you are going to shoot have your match fee in. I have experienced this before where somebody said they wanted to shoot the check was in the mail and never came, which in the long run hosed somebody else from shooting that had their fee ready to go. Its pretty easy send in money and this guarantees a spot 100%

Rich

Rich on the warm up days is the range open to non members and are you planning anything more than target shooting ?
    Thanks Ed

Any chance of the range being open the Friday of the comp for sight in. It is to long of a drive to come down on the other dates you have posted for sight in, and won't have my import paper in time for them.
    Is the camping at the range open Friday night as well?

What range are we going out too?

Ryan

Anyone looking for lodging I stayed at Baymont Inn & Suites Port Huron last year and will be again. It is not far from the range.

Unfortunately the range will be closed the Thursday and Friday before due to the match setup. We need a few to camp on the range that weekend so if anybody can, that would be great. Everybody knows that the range is at least 600 yards. Knowing the distance does not help as most of the stages you will need to think about how to come up with a firing solution. On the open days, anybody is welcome and I will be there on the 23. I can give advice and we can setup any targets you would like to shoot at. Any position can be practiced on these days.

Rich

Crap I wish I knew for sure I'd be back in the States by then.

Nothing like showing up to what would be my first match with a new rifle that may or may not have a zero on it. Recipe for success right there.

Thanks rich for the info. No problem on not being able to use the range on the Friday. Just needed to know the max distance to get dopes locally.
    Looking like 3 Canadians coming now.
    Ryan

Rich,
    MO sent today. I will be camping on Friday and Saturday too. I just emailed you my contact info, as I forgot to put it in my MO, my name and address is there but not email.
    thanks,
    Sean

hello guys name is randy been realy looking for a group of people that enjoy shooting rifles as much as i do i shoot a 243 T/C dimension i strive for the best always trying to practice but limited to the range i can practice at bootom line just looking for a group of people i can shoot with and be taught things and on the rare occasion teach a thing or two well thank you for your time

As of right now the match is full. Should have a definite answer by Friday. Thanks to everybody that signed up. Its gonna be a great match.

Thanks again

Rich