• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 2nd Annual Snipers Hide Biggest Rack Contest

tireys

StealthMode223
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Show Me State
1. Sign ups begin today Aug. 22nd & Will end on Oct 15th 2013 at 11:59pm CST. No one posting after this date and time will have an entry into the contest.

2. All Hiders wishing to enter the contest must post their SniperHide handle with the category they wish to enter example -Stealthmode223 Whitetail-. The categories are:
*Biggest Bull Elk
*Biggest Mule Deer Buck or Blacktail Buck
*Biggest Whitetail Buck

3. You can only enter one animal per category you sign up for. If you are fortunate enough to live in a state that you can harvest more than one species then you may enter an animal in each category example -StealthMode223 Whitetail/Mule Deer-.

4. Your entry must be a picture of You, Your animal and your Weapon used to harvest it. Somewhere in the picture must be either a date stamp or a piece of paper with the date on it. No date, No you, No weapon, No count!!!
**ALL ANIMALS BEING ENTERED IN THE CONTEST MUST BE IN ON THIS THREAD BY JANUARY 31st 2014 NO EXCEPTTIONS**

5. Weapons allowed are:
*Centerfire Rifle or Pistol
*Muzzleloader Rifle or Pistol
*Shotguns

You are not allowed Archery, Atlatls, Speers, Sling Shots or Air Rifles. This is a dedicated Firearm forum. I know some wanted to add the archery method but there are other forums for this.

6.Prizes will be awarded to the Hider with the Biggest Bull Elk RACK, Biggest Mule Deer RACK, Biggest Whitetail Rack. I will submit the Hiders name with the Biggest Rack/Racks to the Site sponsor for that category that I will randomly select and post after the conclusion to the sign-ups.The Category sponsor will contact you directly to settle up on the "winning" prize.
I have prize commitments from:

The Following have committed to sponsoring a prize for the winner of a category:

**Idaho Savage will be sponsoring the Biggest Whitetail Buck**
**CopperCreekAmmo will be sponsoring the Biggest Mulie/Blacktail Buck**
**GA PRECISION will be sponsoring the Biggest Bull Elk**

7. The winner will be determined by the highest gross score according to the Boone and Crocket scoring system. Follow this link to select the scoring chart for your animal.

Boone and Crockett Club | Scoring Your Trophy | Wildlife Conservation | Deer Hunting | Elk Hunting | Big Game Hunting

Good Luck, Be Safe and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
I have feelers out for prize sponsors and I'm waiting to hear back from them. If anyone knows of someone that would be willing to donate please let me know and I will contact them.

Per the post, First Lite will award a Chama Hoody merino wool hooded sweatshirt, Mountain Athlete merino wool socks, First Lite logo hat and Red Desert merino wool boxer briefs in the size and pattern of the winner's choice, subject to inventory on hand. This prize package equates to over $200 at MSRP.

Assuming it's cool with everyone, I'd like this prize to be for Biggest Elk Bull.

To see the prizes, visit firstlite.com and start drooling.

Stay safe and HAPPY HUNTING from First Lite!

2nd Annual Snipers Hide Biggest Rack Contest

Oldcoast mule deer buck and elk

I misread the rules
Thought the entry of pictures ended oct 15th
In for elk too

Last edited:
Since everyone here apparently hunts whitetail, the First Lite prize package now applies to the winner of the whitetail category!

And here's a little something for you from today--taken by my boss, founder of First Lite at 78 yards, DIY in Idaho, archery style. kenton.goat.web.jpg

my season starts after the end date thats not fair!

You are good to go if your season doesn't end until Nov. 6. On that note please everyone who is signing up please take the time to read through the rules. If you have any questions please send me a PM.

4. Your entry must be a picture of You, Your animal and your Weapon used to harvest it. Somewhere in the picture must be either a date stamp or a piece of paper with the date on it. No date, No you, No weapon, No count!!!
All animal entries must be in on this thread by January 31st 2014 No exceptions.

Added another prize sponsor

I added another prize sponsor fellas! Please keep the sign-ups going so we can beat last years total because I wanna see a lot more bone entries this year!

Proud to be part of the Competition. We will be donating 50 rounds of .308 175smk Match to the winner of the Biggest Mule deer.

That said we'd also like to throw our name in the competition hat....

Copper Creek Ammo - Mule Deer & Whitetail

Punisher29073 - Whitetail

I don't know why, but I will play for fun. Here in SC, we have forest goats next to what a lot of y'all have access too. But we are able to hunt for 4 1/2 months out of the year too.

Ryan