• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd Annual Team Hunting Challenge

bailey1474

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Oklahoma
www.3rdgss.com
Hey guys. Some of you know me and some of you don't. I just registered here to post this about our match coming up on Oct. 11. It is a UKD steel shoot. The attached flyer will fill you in on the details. Some of our sponsors have been VERY generous and we should have an impressive prize table. Better get in quick b/c it will fill up fast!!

Thanks,
B.J.

shoot09.jpg

Re: 2nd Annual Team Hunting Challenge

I have known bailey1474 for several years just by going into the supply store he works at. Great guy and a great bunch of guys as a whole that work there in El Reno. I was in there today and he gave me a flyer for this exact competition. He also let me fondle his 338 Stiller Predator Action that sits in a Manners stock. It is a beast!!

Hope I can make the shoot, and for those considering it, you will have no regrets!

I shot this match last year, it is real good Long Range Hunting match and realistic animal targets make for a great shoot. Great sponsorship and a Payback!!! You guys are doing it Right! Thanks alot
I will be back again this year.

sending entry ASAP.

Looking forward to seeing you guys. If we fill up (which we will) 1st place will get the pair of NF + $1000 cash.

2nd will get a pair of A-5 adj. McMillan stocks + $500 cash.

3rd will have their pick of the prize table but I'm guessing that the next best thing will be a pair of Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm scopes.

I would say that the top 10 teams will take home something from the prize table and everyone will take hom a t-shirt.

Sending mine in. Hey Rich who you got for a partner?

Give me a call first so I can put your name down. Then you can send a check made out to B.J. Bailey to:

Gene Sears Supply
PO Box 38
El Reno, OK 73036

I just want to get people down before the checks get in the mail. That way I'll be looking for it and your spot will be secure no matter how slow the USPS is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sending mine in. Hey Rich who you got for a partner?</div></div>

I picked up an Aussie Sniper, he's pretty handy with the .308, See you guys there.
This will be a busy fall/winter match schedule... I'm shooting a match almost every other weekend through December. Fun, fun, Fun.

This looks like a fun 1 day match. Checking work schedule now.

Sure as hell wish this wasn't on a Sunday. What time does this wrap up??

Rich,

I don't have the results from last year. I know that Don Johnson and Dalton Earnst (14 years old) won it last year. I think Jim Paul Brown was second. Past that I don't remember.

trigger time,
It probably won't wrap up until around 4:00 PM. This is just a guess though. I really wanted to do it on a Saturday but my hunting schedule and the OU/TX football game kinda forced me into the 11th. I'm going to need most of Sat. the 10th to set up. I'd have to take off work if I did it on the 10th and really don't need to miss any more work.

You think anyone would have a problem If I had my seven year old son along to watch the shoot? Or would that not even be advised due to layout, how the match is run, ext.....

He can come. Infact I hope we have quite a few spectators.

There is only going to be one team @ a time on each firing line so there will be down time for people to bs. The spectators should be far enough from the firing lines that no one has to were muffs. Like I said, last year a 14 year kid was on the team that won. There was also a 10 year shooting w/his dad if I remember right. I think he shot all the targets and his dad just ranged, helped him dial and spotted for him.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">are laser range finders allowed for ranging distance or is it all estimated using your reticle?</span>
never mind, i didnt read above

HUUUMMM Ok, I think I might be in for this one as well. Damn, thats one more weekend I won't be harassing the deer with my bow.
Paging Opalvom, Paging Opalvom

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailey1474</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is only going to be one team @ a time on each firing line so there will be down time for people to bs. </div></div>

How will you determine which teams shoot in what order? Wouldn't the first teams shooting early that morning have an advantage on wind and mirage versus the teams shooting around noon? Not enough room to put everybody down and shoot everybody across each target so it keeps rotating the teams?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HUUUMMM Ok, I think I might be in for this one as well. Damn, thats one more weekend I won't be harassing the deer with my bow.
Paging Opalvom, Paging Opalvom</div></div>

I don't think I can, but we'll talk later........

We did not have room @ the place we did it last year. I've got another place that I'm going to look at this weekend. If it permits we may have several teams on the line @ the same time. My only issue w/that is that people will here the range calls of the teams next to them. We'll just have to wait and see on that issue.

As far as the early teams having an advantage; I guess you could say that if the conditions turn out that way. Names will be drawn out of a hat for the order so it will be totally random. Everyone will have the same opportunity to be first.

The way I see it it's no different than the guys that get the early tee times in golf. Having to tee off in the last group on most Sundays hasn't hurt Tiger too much. The best shooters will still rise to the top.

Can't wait for this one. BJ and the guys out at Gene's are saviors! Extremely great to deal with and will always take time to answer some questions and do a little research if need be. They have an amazing inventory!! BJ is a great great guy!

See ya all there
Shane

BJ, put me down please. Jerry Newman and Rich Emmons told me about your match and if you have a slot I would like to shoot.

I'll put you down. Just send the check to the address above.

We are VERY close to being full. I think Casey makes 29 teams. I'm going to go ahead an sign up about 34-35 teams b/c I know I'll have some that back out.

I'm sick and tired of redoing the flyer so just wanted to let everyone know that we picked up a couple of pair of Leupold Gold Ring 10x42 Binocs as well. That makes some hellacious prized for the top 6 teams!!

No. I don't care if we tear up the targets as long as they make through the match. I've destroyed enough targets w/a 300 gr SMK to know that they won't make it if I allow 338s!!

Unfortunatly no. If your really want to check it I would get here on Saturday and go to the rifle range here in El Reno. It is only 100 yds but would work to confirm a zero.

sweet, its looking like the ods are pretty good I might actually leave with somthing other than my brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet, its looking like the ods are pretty good I might actually leave with somthing other than my brass.</div></div>

did you pick up a partner yet?

Ya, I'm going to shoot it all and have a bud spot for me. Really looking forward to it. I'll have my main man backing me, problly with lots of advise. Daddy you should have hit that one :)

Add 2 Benelli SuperNovas as well.

Also wanted to let everyone no that if you have not sent in your entry money, please do so. I'm having to pay for part of some of these prizes, targets and supplies and am also going to have to put a deposit down on the food soon. My wife will divorce me if I start writing checks out of our account for this match that is "not going to cost me a dime."

Thanks
B.J.

Just called in gettin all signed up. Me and the little brother will be there. Can't let Rich have all the fun

Directions to match

As easy as this place is to find I don't think I need to draw up a map. You can Google Cogar, OK and get really close.

If your coming from the east; the match will be 14.25 miles west of the hwy 152/hwy 81 junction just north of Minco, OK.

Coming from the west; 5.5 miles east of the jct of hwy 152 and 281. This is just east of Binger, OK.

It is on the south side of the road. I will have some signs up pointing to the match off of hwy 152.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!!! Any ?s call me on my cell 405-229-0942.

Thanks,
B.J.

Re: Directions to match

Rich, I can see more of the same " wound licking " coming in the near future.

Cannon, BJ is going to be out of pocket for a couple of days. He will have to tell you for sure but i'm guessing not. I think the nearest camping would be at Red Rock Canyon State Park at Hinton

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 280man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the nearest camping would be at Red Rock Canyon State Park at Hinton </div></div>

Definately the cleanest/nicest camp ground around.