• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 2nd attempt

cinosbus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
St. Charles, MO
I fired the first shot, and then adjusted the scope .5" to the right - was thinking about trying that on the last target as I never really "zeroed" after the scope was out of the rings.

Some improvement. Still having trouble getting into a good position where the rifle stays put during recoil and my collar bone doesn't take a beating. Removing the cheek rest was an improvement.

Paper was wet from the rain.

Re: 2nd attempt

Tell about your gear. What kind of stock, bipod, and rear bag are you using?

I have had a couple rifles that would do me in shooting prone after about 50rds.

.308 shouldn't be beating me up - and it's a pretty mild load. I just need to figure out where to put the stock on my shoulder to get a good blend of comfort and proper position. I think I had it in a different spot on every shot on the first target. Tried 2 different spots on the 2nd attempt. Neither was "it" and I ended up letting the gun get a run at me a couple times to "tenderize" me.

There are some really good videos in the training section here that help with things like positioning yourself for natural point of aim, loading the bipod, etc.. It may be a good thing for you to look into.

There are a lot of aftermarket accessories that can help you with recoil.

As an aside, nothing really beats a good 22lr trainer if you need to get rid of a flinch.

+1 on the videos

Online Training, here, is worth every penny---spend it, you won't regret it IMHO.

I took a class not too long ago- and I was corrected on my butt placement-I too would take a beating on my collar bone. It was like learning to shoot all over again those four days. I'm glad it was called to my attention.

Good luck with your progress-