• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2nd bad Zeiss in a row!

Tip em over

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2008
Shepherd MT
Just sent in my 2nd 4.5-14 x 50 Zeiss Conquest for repair/replacement.
First scope would not hold a zero on my rifle.
Zeiss replaced it with a new scope which was cool.
The replacement scope came with 46 MOA of elevation adjustment compared to 68-69 MOA which my other 4.5-14 x 50 has.
I'm quite happy with the glass quality and tracking of my older Zeiss, but I'm not sure if I'll be buying anymore in the future.

Re: 2nd bad Zeiss in a row!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sent in my 2nd 4.5-14 x 50 Zeiss Conquest for repair/replacement.
<span style="font-weight: bold">The replacement scope came with 46 MOA of elevation adjustment compared to 68-69 MOA which my other 4.5-14 x 50 has.</span>
I'm quite happy with the glass quality and tracking of my older Zeiss, but I'm not sure if I'll be buying anymore in the future.
</div></div>

Any insight as to why the difference?

This is not the norm for Zeiss. I would call (800) 441-3005 and express your concerns. They will make it right, trust me.

I have had the same experience with the conquest line. Had a 2.5-8x on a custom 375 weatherby and it never held zero shot sort of a 9" triangle different scope under 1". Had a 3-9x40 with lots of debris in the reticle. The conquest has good glass but bad QC. I like the Victory line but no more conquests for me. I have gotten flamed on more than one forum for this opinion but I think VX3's are more rugged and hold up better in that price point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC7980</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not the norm for Zeiss. I would call (800) 441-3005 and express your concerns. They will make it right, trust me. </div></div>They were real good to deal with last time.
The scope was sent back yesterday.
We'll wait and see what they believe the problem is.
Just kind of frustrating having to send in a new scope that was a warrantied scope to begin with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engine22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tip em over</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sent in my 2nd 4.5-14 x 50 Zeiss Conquest for repair/replacement.
<span style="font-weight: bold">The replacement scope came with 46 MOA of elevation adjustment compared to 68-69 MOA which my other 4.5-14 x 50 has.</span>
</div></div>

Any insight as to why the difference? </div></div>We'll see what they say.
It's kind of funny because the windage should have 45-46 MOA of adjustment..makes me wonder if they got the components mixed up.