• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd GAP - Rock Templar Range Report

motorgun

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2008
Texas
Took the 308 out to the range this afternoon. Our range makes you qualify at the 300 yard range before you can go on to the 400 and 600. I wasn't listening when the fellow behind the counter gave me the targets and told me you had to shoot 5 shots in the 6" white circle to qualify. There could be no other holes on the target. I went out and shot a couple of rounds at my sight in target and then shot 3 on the qualifying target. These 3 measured .690". I was real proud when I brought the target in only to be told I needed 5 shots! Went back out, set back up and shot 2 more. The 5 shot group measured slightly over 1". This rifle has turned out to be my favorite. It is truly capable of much more than I am.

I am still waiting on an AAC762SD to clear. I am really anxious to try it out with this rifle.

GAP%20-%2020%20March%202009%20005%20-%20a.jpg

Re: 2nd GAP - Rock Templar Range Report

sweet shooter you have there.

I second that. We need to see rifle pics.

Nice Rig!!! I think when I'm done with my 338 build, I might have to start a 308. I've looked at GAP, might have to use them.
One hell-of-a nice group too.

My 10 year old son did not like the fact that I went to the range without him and qualified for long range shooting. He bugged me until I took him out yesterday with a Nesika K in 22-250 that he likes to shoot because it has a muzzle brake and no recoil. After sighting in at 200 he shot a .395" group. We then went over to the 300 yard range and after adjusting the scope he shot 5 rounds in the allowable 6" circle and is now qualified to shoot out to 600 yards at our local range. Not bad since the 55gr bullet is really affected by the wind. He is one proud youngster.
22%20MAR%202009%20TARGET%20007A.JPG

And you should be one proud father! (I'm sure you are.) Nice shooting to both of you!

Excellent shooting!!! Must be ASC almost in Houston?