• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 2nd hand swaro lrf

goober

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Auckland , New Zealand
I have 3 days to bid on a 2nd hand Swarovski lrf unit that is 2 years old and I believe has had commercial hunting guide use in the alpine areas of New Zealand.Do these things have any known flaws after heavy usage or any thing I should be aware of before buying 2nd hand ?Some advice would be appreciated .cheers

Re: 2nd hand swaro lrf

It doesnt have one .The person is selling it on line 2nd hand ind is under no obligation to give a warranty-only his word that they work fine .I have to say most hunters here seem pretty straight up but I am expecting to pay at least $1000 if not a tad more .A new lrf swaro here is $2300

66 views and no one can give me any advice ?Someone must have some experience with this rangefinder and potential things to be wary of when buying 2nd hand.The LRF is not able to be seen and will be purchased online .thanks for whoever can add some advice !! cheers

I purchased mine used and have not had any problems- may not have seen as much use as the one you are looking at. For the prices you are saying they cost over there you could make a trip here and buy one and bascically have a free trip. You can buy used ones from SWFA for $800- never had a problem with anything I have purchased from them.

I would get ahold of Doug at Camera Land he is a member here on the Hide and a great guy. You can find his post in the commercial section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of warranty does Swaro offer is the question I'd be wanting answered.</div></div>

Hydro was asking if Swarovski has a transferable warranty with the LRF not if the person selling it is giving you a warranty. I would find that out too as if they transfer the warranty then there's nothing to worry about as they would fix it.

thanks guys for posting .I dont know how long Swaro have a guarantee for especially with 2nd hand goods 2 or more years old as I believe these to be .I will try to find the importer here and ask- I was really trying to find out if lasers went after alot of use -after that theres only the glass to worry about I suppose but thats what I dont know.Ill look up Daves ads also ---here in NZ if you import anything over 200nz dollars you get taxed 10.5 and have to pay other import duty-our $ is only 61cents US SO importing 2nd hand doesnt always work out real cheap--the govt just keeps squeezing