• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd HardRock Match on 3/7/09 @ 0830 CT

DocB

Minuteman
Jan 14, 2004
CSG
Good day,

The 2009 HardRock Match Series will run the second match on 3/7/09, and the practice day on Friday 3/6/09. The match format is 20 rounds with five shots at each of 600, 800, 900, and 1k yds. at a 1 MOA 10 point bullseye with a 2 MOA 5 point scoring ring in 20 minutes. No sighters, no windflags, use a bipod or bags from a bench. Three classes, .223 Remington, .308/military class, and AnyThing Goes. Maximum caliber is 300WM. This is a short version of the rules, see the schedule for the complete rules.

The match is shot rain or shine. I would strongly recommend any new shooters attend a practice day before shooting their first match.

If you would like the match schedule, please send me your full name and email address via PM. The schedule will not be sent unless I have both pieces of information.

See you at the match,
DocB

Re: 2nd HardRock Match on 3/7/09 @ 0830 CT

Johnny Cash and I well be there, the 300wm is getting a new tube so I ASS-U-ME, I can shoot the .308win in the ATG's as well?

Only if you shoot a different bullet weight AND you have to shoot it from the weak side shoulder. Oh Wait !! That is for GAMERz only ... disregard, mere mortals just have to approach the captain with cap in hand & a twist.
heh heh heh

Talked to Gamer, just a minute ago. He said he was a tired puppy after todays PM match.

I bet it was a bit cooler this year than last. Was up around "0 dark thirty" and wind chill was in mid 20's. Have no ideas on the changes on layout or how much the participants had to walk but we did get some heavy rain (1.5" in some places) down here the other night. Ought to have made some of the areas really interesting !!

Good day,

I read a post on BR.com Mickey Coleman was going to pay a visit to the March match. Folks are currently trying to talk him out of a 6.5 X 284 into a 6mmBR. Some of the folks who attended the HR matches and post over there might want to lend their opinions.

Thanks,
DocB

The wind is up and the temps are hovering around 31-32 at 0800 these days.

Look hard at your cold weather dope, we saw some serious changes this weekend due to the cold.

It was good to be out.

Any day shooting with ice on the water and the wind-chill below freezing beats any day in the office with heat. JMHO.
jw

The dirt road, from 80 down, is it 2 wheel, 4 wheel, or gone altogether?

Well, last night there was at least 4 feet of water by the clear cut. It went over the hood of someones new Silverado. But by this afternoon, the water has gone. Four wheel drive is the way to go today. By Friday, it should be a good bit better.

Saturday, the road was under water. 4'. We had the great deluge and tornadoes north of us that got one Hardrock shooter's house.

Sunday AM, the road had 6" across it in a few places.

Sunday evening the water was gone, however, in places there was 6" of snow.

Friday, the weather report "says" in the 70's.

Damn it! Working this weekend. I will hopefully be there next match though. I may have a sample of the new TC Warlord by then.

Looking forward to seeing 70* again.
Think I'll bring some shade, Feb. match I went home burn't.

Gene,
Roadhouse, Friday night?

Anyone been to the bean field since Sunday to see if it has drained?

Not going to make it this match, i am in Boston, Plan on making to the next one however..

Ed, it's better but still has damp spots. Will be fine Saturday.

Ronald M. (Gamer) called about 1400hrs CST and said road was bumpy, only wet in normal spots, drying fast. Water might be gone 100% by Sat.
Bean field 100% GTG, now.

Good! Looks like "The Green Hornet" will make its debut. Not in this match but working towards the next match and load development. Cato...is that you?

Fog this AM solid enough to cut with a knife...

Fog...........just a weaker version of Snow. No Problem!

Beautiful weather today, I was by far the best shooter out there... Everyone might as well not even show up tomorrow for the match, I'm kinda unstoppable...

grin.gif

Fo real tho.... Had a blast, headed to the dinner meet, can't wait to shoot tomorrow!

This is the last one I'm gonna miss for the year. Just finished moving to Georgia and should be back up and running by the time May gets here.

JR is just a "Legend in his own mind" what little there is !! Was very good to finally have a face to go with Bowtie (nice meeting you Mike) As usual, Paycheck takes priority over pleasure but there is always next match ...

I owe, I owe ...so off to work I go.

Yes, it was great to meet Bowtie 4X4, looking forward to shooting with him as well. Always glad to know an meet like minded folks, for sure.

Good shooting Brent, Steve and Ron.....winners in their respective classes!

Ed

thanks for all the hard work you guys did to make it a great match today

Thanks Ed , Mama sez ,"shootin is like a box o chocolates , you never know what your ganna hit"

Thanks to mr huskey ,and to all the people who help run the match when they are asked to ( ED, Allen , Gilbert). and thanks to mr gulley who is are very dedicated target painter.
Your still my hero gilbert
wink.gif

Good day,

Match results were emailed this evening @ 2050 CST. I didn't get the new addresses added, I'll send the results to them in the morning. Please give 24 hours for your mail service to deliver the results before sending a request to have them resent.

Congratulations to the winners, and Thanks to everyone who attended,
DocB

DocB, add me to the e-mail list, if you would. I enjoyed being there Friday. I met some real characters there as well, great learning experience. Cant wait to come again. Meeting Will and Gunfighter14e2 was.....enlightening to say the least, glad to put some faces with those names as well. Glad we see eye to eye on the issues we tried to solve as well. lol

Mike

Sorry I couldn't make it. I went to the doctor friday with a fever of 103 and all 206 bones hurt. I felt like crap yesterday too. I want to thank the guys who stepped in for me. See y'all in May.

Alan,

Ronald shot the 150 and I had 140 in .308, but it's the thought that counts.
smile.gif

Gene,

Everyone missed you, including the girls at the Roadhouse!
grin.gif

Awww .... drat. Well at least he didn't clean the targets. Not in reality anyway. Heck, right now I'll be glad when I can get some rounds downrange and be happy to just nail 600. I have 2 months to get everything back into shooting condition ...

Johnny cash is slowly creaping up on him, an bit him once.
grin.gif

Bill, overheard him say "Damn that Army guy".
laugh.gif

But his real work begains when the 300wm gets home, I'll have something for that Marines, gameing .260
smirk.gif

This all stems from when he beat me with my own ammo,... I've special ammo for him next time.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Ronald is good, rock solid people, like most of the folks at HR.
Alot of times at his range, we just go back in time, instead of shooting, brings back good an bad for both.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Looking forward to shooting some team matchs with him, just hope we both survive each other.
crazy.gif

Good day,

The results have been corrected and resent, the folks added to the mailing list should all get the results. The awards will have the correct names.

Gene, glad to hear you're feeling better.

Will, excuses, excuses....

Thanks,
DocB

Sounds like Gene needed Alan to deliver him some chiggen noodle soup and some butterfly kisses...

Jason, the turtles haven't been fed lately...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G.Ruff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason, the turtles haven't been fed lately... </div></div>

Are you threatening Alan???

No soup for you....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: G.Ruff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason, the turtles haven't been fed lately... </div></div>

Can we feed them from 100+ yards, while in the boat?
grin.gif

DocB, Keep it up(TY for keeping the shirts & hats) ... at least it isn't a severe case of anal glaucoma ! I was keeping track of all the excuses we have heard/given/used over the years but ... somehow it has been transferred to the "great unknown repository of knowledge".

Thanks Steve for doing a outstanding job on painting the targets. At least YOU know better than to make the targets black !!! Maybe by next match I'll have "found" the new templates that were made.They are stashed somewhere ...

I liked the black targets.....all you have to do is hit the MOA white circle and you'll be fine!

A 1/4 moa black dot, with a white 1 an 2 moa scoring ring, no backers.