• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

2nd wave and 2nd crash

OldSalty

Just salty.
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2019
Soooo,...

Do we have a 2nd wave of covid19 mass hysteria and lockdown?

Seems the protests and riots get a pass from our leading health professionals, but thats another topic.

2nd wave and the associated lockdowns would do way more damage than the 1st, IMO. The markets would likely retract swiftly and deep.

So, what are the chances for a 2nd wave by say...October/November?

The COVID-19 lockdowns were nothing but a scam to perpetrate the greatest power grab in our nation's history. Aside for the big leftist shit holes like NYC, LA, Chicago, Detroit, etc. COVID-19 was basically a non-event. Totally overblown with hysteria, including by a few on this forum. The riots and protests have proven definitively that the media doesn't give a shit about COVID-19, unless they can use it for political gain.

I predict if states attempt another lockdown in the fall there will be even more non-compliance as people understand what the deal is now.

We might see a slight uptick and some of the lefties will try to lockdown again. It will not go very well.

Reactions: 308pirate
The COVID-19 lockdowns were nothing but a scam to perpetrate the greatest power grab in our nation's history. Aside for the big leftist shit holes like NYC, LA, Chicago, Detroit, etc. COVID-19 was basically a non-event. Totally overblown with hysteria, including by a few on this forum. The riots and protests have proven definitively that the media doesn't give a shit about COVID-19, unless they can use it for political gain.

I predict if states attempt another lockdown in the fall there will be even more non-compliance as people understand what the deal is now.
Power and money grab for the statist. Plus a big theft by Wall Street and big business. Sending them piles of taxpayer money plus making sure their competition is shut down while everyone is off work shopping.

And all the sheep say baaaaaaa give me more

The market is so disconnected from reality now I'm not sure it matters.
Amen...I have never seen anything like this market EVER in my entire investing career. Nothing matters that mattered previously. No doubt people are raking it in. Could be a sucker's game but may not be as well.

I have too much equity in the form of RSUs so I have no other holdings in equity right now. I was going to jump in when the drop occurred but then the layoffs began. Even though my job was not affected, I am happy with my decision. My RSUs are doing super well

I think we all should get on with our lives, same as usual and get that herd immunity thing going, because, obviously, the protestors aren't worried about any C.V.19 reprocussions. It was all a distraction anyways. Mac

If there isn’t a post protest spike in the next week or two then all the lockdown shit is over.

Soooo,...

Do we have a 2nd wave of covid19 mass hysteria and lockdown?

Seems the protests and riots get a pass from our leading health professionals, but thats another topic.

2nd wave and the associated lockdowns would do way more damage than the 1st, IMO. The markets would likely retract swiftly and deep.

So, what are the chances for a 2nd wave by say...October/November?
I dont think you could force businesses to shut down after all of the protest bullcrap

Power and money grab for the statist. Plus a big theft by Wall Street and big business. Sending them piles of taxpayer money plus making sure their competition is shut down while everyone is off work shopping.

And all the sheep say baaaaaaa give me more

You have no idea. I was cutting the yard for a neighbor across the lake and there was a guy out in his yard, alone, and I was at least 50-60 yds from him. The mother fucker was wearing a mask..alone, outside, no one else in throwing distance. I couldnt believe it, wish Id gotten a photo.

I expect both. Not that any of it will be real. But it will be orchestrated.

The left is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the administration in the fall hoping to keep house, take Senate and eliminate DJT from office. And even if there is a Republican landslide which, voter fraud aside, I expect... they will stage a full-out insurrection in December and January.

Personally, sitting on cash and ammo now. Maybe I'll miss a ride up, but I don't think so.

The worst is yet to come. Then it will get better. But that's going to take some arrests and prosecutions... and we know how well that is going.

Sirhr

Will we get a second wave? Probably. How bad will it be? Who knows. We don't even really know how bad the first wave was, so extrapolation seems a bit difficult until we can actually assess the present state.

Shit, at this point, a 2nd wave would probably cause the market to go up in anticipation of more action by the Fed (just as the market had gone up with weak unemployment and GDP numbers over the past several years). Up is down; bad is good.

Ummmm. The Durham investigation. Yeah yeah, the Durham thingy
I expect both. Not that any of it will be real. But it will be orchestrated.

The left is going to throw everything and the kitchen sink at the administration in the fall hoping to keep house, take Senate and eliminate DJT from office. And even if there is a Republican landslide which, voter fraud aside, I expect... they will stage a full-out insurrection in December and January.

Personally, sitting on cash and ammo now. Maybe I'll miss a ride up, but I don't think so.

The worst is yet to come. Then it will get better. But that's going to take some arrests and prosecutions... and we know how well that is going.

Sirhr

you remember that?
Lol what a crock of shit.

Reactions: Bender
After the financial damage and strain on individuals the first COVID1984 panic did, I doubt many are giving a shit if a second wave comes. The cure is worse than the problem, and with every new piece of data thats come out, its basically been a giant hoax.
But, but , but Mr PHD Attending said it wasn't....

R

After the financial damage and strain on individuals the first COVID1984 panic did, I doubt many are giving a shit if a second wave comes. The cure is worse than the problem, and with every new piece of data thats come out, its basically been a giant hoax.
I was talking to my mother whom is 87, she has seen a lot of changes throughout her life.
I asked her about how they handled Poliovirus, TB and all the other horrible stuff that came along like the depression WWII.
Anyhow,she looked at me and said we did what we had to do to make it and we prayed a lot.
Coming from a woman that has been blessed with good health and worked hard all her life.
She was one for the first woman business owners in the area.

The interesting thing is the amount of CC debt that has pilled up in just the last 3 months. Seems many are getting while the getting is good for what they perceive is coming. When ask about how are you going to pay it back, many are saying filing bankruptcy. In other words they have no intention of ever paying it back in the first place as they see a complete burn down coming.

We might see a slight uptick and some of the lefties will try to lockdown again. It will not go very well.

Might be time to start dragging people into the streets by their hair

Non-compliance sounds so non-violent.....
If they try to strong arm the public again over this crap - they’ll most likely wish the only reaction was non-compliance.

Reactions: FishinGuns
The interesting thing is the amount of CC debt that has pilled up in just the last 3 months. Seems many are getting while the getting is good for what they perceive is coming. When ask about how are you going to pay it back, many are saying filing bankruptcy. In other words they have no intention of ever paying it back in the first place as they see a complete burn down coming.
What has me worried is the commercial debt. IMHO, that could smash this fragile economy. Big time.

Amen...I have never seen anything like this market EVER in my entire investing career. Nothing matters that mattered previously. No doubt people are raking it in. Could be a sucker's game but may not be as well.

I have too much equity in the form of RSUs so I have no other holdings in equity right now. I was going to jump in when the drop occurred but then the layoffs began. Even though my job was not affected, I am happy with my decision. My RSUs are doing super well
You know, I pulled my money out a week before the crash. I had intended to use some for a new truck. Then the crash. I put my money back in when it hit 19k on the Dow on the way up. I have made back half the cost of my new King Ranch Tremor Super Duty!

In other words, I am satisfied.

It is all a sham....the entire thing will crash hard when the bailouts stop.

It will leave some rich and others destitute...just like all ponzi schemes do
I hope you're wrong, but I'm also looking forward to canning the first of the green beans this week...

You know, I pulled my money out a week before the crash. I had intended to use some for a new truck. Then the crash. I put my money back in when it hit 19k on the Dow on the way up. I have made back half the cost of my new King Ranch Tremor Super Duty!

In other words, I am satisfied.
Would you put that same money in today? Serious question.

FWIW, I sat it out for the most part thinking the djia would go close to 12. In other words, don't ever listen to me re the market. LOL

Maybe he had allergies? 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Back when I could afford to blow through a box of N95 masks as if they were disposable (they once were!), I've definitely thrown one on while running the weed trimmer. Better to look a fool than to spend the next several hours with a runny nose and watery eyes.

But nowadays, those masks are far too precious for such utilitarian purposes.

I did see someone wearing a mask while riding on a bike on a local trail. Their lungs must work better than mine.

Reactions: SilentStalkr

FWIW, I sat it out for the most part thinking the djia would go close to 12. In other words, don't ever listen to me re the market. LOL
No, frankly, I am getting ready to cash back out soon.

Maybe in a couple weeks. We'll see what happens.

Regardless, a $45k windfall in a couple of months is unheard of. Well, at least for the small egg I have . (About a 27% gain?) Anyway. I don't need to try to chase every nickle. I recognize that I just got lucky.

At this exact moment, it seems like it's far likely to see a 5% swing to the downside than to the upside. That being said...

I also made similarly dire predictions and was just as wrong. Fortunately, I took advice from someone who was wiser than myself and came out of this OK.

He has a daily syndicated national radio show on many topics. But he reserves Fridays as "Financial Friday"
He owned a Financial investment house for years called the Sullivan Group in Sacramento. He used to make cameos for the markets on TV and radio. That transformed into doing guest host for Rush Limbaugh in the late 80's and that turned into his own show.
I'm sure he has a wiki page.

On edit, I am sure that he does not have a newsletter like what you are thinking. I do subscribe to Stansbury Research though.

even if it was a zombie apocalypse and millions around the world were being eaten at this very second it would only win second place to how far the dims are prepared to see the country in flames like there carriers should be they are in it for the whole ride .

i just dont see it locally. still know only 1 person who tested positive and he was cutting his own grass by the time he got his results back

Reactions: gigamortis
You have no idea. I was cutting the yard for a neighbor across the lake and there was a guy out in his yard, alone, and I was at least 50-60 yds from him. The mother fucker was wearing a mask..alone, outside, no one else in throwing distance. I couldnt believe it, wish Id gotten a photo.

You cant throw 50 to 60 yards? Damn noodle-arm :)

Oh, and second wave/shutdown is getting closer and closer by the day.

So much for my October estimate.

Must keep heat on the pressure cooker.

You cant throw 50 to 60 yards? Damn noodle-arm :)

Oh, and second wave/shutdown is getting closer and closer by the day.

So much for my October estimate.

Must keep heat on the pressure cooker.

Yeah, gotta be honest, I figured we'd at least make it until the back-to-school season before the 2nd shutdown. Oh well.

Around these parts, we're seeing a significant spike in young adults. The most common variation on the story is that it gets passed around the bar scene or at a large party, then the participants bring it back to the workplace (typical at restaurants and factories) at which point the employer has to shit down the facility for testing and sanitization. This is inconvenient when it affects the local bar & grille, but it's going to be worse once it starts shutting down big-box retailers, larger factories, distribution hubs, etc.

Hope everyone's used the time wisely.

The virus has a riot exemption. I have declared living in 2020 is a riot, a real hoot. Therefor I choose to go on with the riot of living everyday life. Try and stop me.... go on, it will be a riot. :)

Reactions: Nik H
The virus has a riot exemption. I have declared living in 2020 is a riot, a real hoot. Therefor I choose to go on with the riot of living everyday life. Try and stop me.... go on, it will be a riot. :)
Don't believe a potential lockdown this time is going to go over like it did last time although I don't think it will stop blue state govs from trying. "Hey let's close churches, but let protesters go and leave abortion centers and weed shops open". The MI SC ruling in favor of the barber and subsequent drop of charges by gubnah Whitterd's office speaks volumes about what business owners might do across the country if and when.

Bar at end of my street empty since alcohol sales stopped last night. Pretty simple solution to a suspected cause and it's typically packed on a Saturday afternoon. Steady stream of people picking up food though/food delivery cars.