• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3-12 PMII to Australia

BlindSpider

Private
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2021
Sydney, Australia
I'm in the process of putting together a somewhat clone correct M40a5. Got the proper stock, PGW EFR, some badger parts etc etc. I'm now at that stage that I'm looking at picking up the optic.

I had placed an order for an 644-911-972-89-64A38 on EuroOptic, but the order was closed as they're not permitted for export.

Does anybody have the slightest idea how I might go about ordering and having it sent to Australia through any 3rd parties.

Cheers

Yes, buy a good used one from someone not in the United States. For example, look on Canada, Euro, UK or other regional ebay pages that don’t have America-based listings.

Know anybody selling one?
Lol, no.

Join some canadian shooting forums and scan the classifieds for one and see if the seller would ship to Australia (assuming canada doesnt have a similar export law to ITAR that precludes export)…or ebay. Your best bets, IMO.

Reactions: BlindSpider
Have another go with Eurooptic.
I’ve bought at 5-25 PMII and I know of some other very recent ones .
Most standard scopes are dual use so don’t really need to be restricted. Leupold even used to put that on the box .

Standard rifle scopes are no longer restricted as part of ITAR so agree, call Europtic again
It's not an ITAR issue as far as I know. This is the email I received when they closed the order, it's been my only communication back.

"Thank you for your recent order; however, our sales agreement with S&B does not permit us to export their products, I have closed and refunded the order."

It's not an ITAR issue as far as I know. This is the email I received when they closed the order, it's been my only communication back.

"Thank you for your recent order; however, our sales agreement with S&B does not permit us to export their products, I have closed and refunded the order."
Ok, so its contractual not regulatory which means you can look on US based sites/search for US based sellers (corporate or private) for one. As long as the seller agrees to ship the scope to AUS then you’re fine. So disregard my initial advice to limit your searches to non-US platforms.

One of my customers here in AU does S&B, licenced distrib, however does mil/le supply, not sure he sells to civ. I can reach out and ask.

Got onto my guy, he can sell to you. If you want details, drop me a PM and I can get you in contact with him, 4-6month lead time depending on reticle. But genuine direct from S&B.

Mate im from oz been in the states a very long time , if its legal to ship and they wont , have em ship it to me, as long as u pay the shipping to oz which is stupid expensive these days i will send it to ya , blind spider hahahah farking oath , i was born in bankstown nsw but grew up a dirty westie in Campbelltown where u live in oz

Reactions: Pete B and iceng
Mate im from oz been in the states a very long time , if its legal to ship and they wont , have em ship it to me, as long as u pay the shipping to oz which is stupid expensive these days i will send it to ya , blind spider hahahah farking oath , i was born in bankstown nsw but grew up a dirty westie in Campbelltown where u live in oz
I'm thinking Bankstown is not the same one you were born in now!🤣
Better off a Westie...... 👍

Reactions: baker72
I send things to my mates in QLD all the time. Shipping to AUS sucks, cost, and the time Auspost takes to ship anything from Sydney to anywhere else. I shipped somthing from the Midwest recently, went through to Shitcago then LAX, then landed in SYD by about day 5, then took 8-9 days to travel 8hrs north by car. Fucking stupid.

I’d love to help out, but I wouldn’t want to be on the hook when Auspost fucks up and looses a $3-4k USD scope.

Reactions: baker72
Apologies everyone for the silence on my end.
Quick update, I've got my scope.

I went through a company called US Fast Freight. I placed the order again with EuroOptic and had it sent to their address in Texas. From there it was a little bit of a wait while the export permit was approved, then just waiting for UPS to deliver it.

They seem to be good blokes, I definitely can't complain. It seems to be a viable option for people in a similar position. If any permits for export are needed ITAR or EAR, they can arrange it.

Attachments

• Snapchat-614415050.jpg
    Snapchat-614415050.jpg
    293.4 KB · Views: 26