• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes 3-15x50 Premier Heritage scope zeroing

knotty

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
I am looking at purchasing a 3-15x50 premier heritage scope, DT turrets, used, and the person i am buying from has said the scope had an initial problem that were repaired by premier. The turret would not go back to its first rev and the turret was loose. That was repaired. Now, after repairs, he also said he is on his second rev to get a 100 yard zero with 2 different .308's and a .338. He wouldn't know if it was this way before repairs because the problem was caught before it was mounted and zeroed. It basically zeros at 16 mil +/- a bit for the different calibers, so you have 12 mils left of elevation. This does not sound like the scope is mechanically correct.
Any info from anyone in the know would be great.

Re: 3-15x50 Premier Heritage scope zeroing

If the seller has it on a flat mount, that sounds about right to me.
Put it on a canted mount to get more elevation out of it.

Joe

Really? So if i were to put it on a 30 moa mount, it should possibly be in the first rev? That was his guess, that it was for more canted bases.
Thanks for the reply.

That would be my guess as well. The Schmidt and Bender 5-25 PMII was originally designed to be used with a 45 MOA base to achieve it's full elevation potential. I was using 50 MOA of cant in my setup with my Premier 5-25 and was getting like 25-27 mils of elevation.

Will you please update this thread with the results of switching the base out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be my guess as well. The Schmidt and Bender 5-25 PMII was originally designed to be used with a 45 MOA base to achieve it's full elevation potential. I was using 50 MOA of cant in my setup with my Premier 5-25 and was getting like 25-27 mils of elevation. </div></div>

I have a PMII 5-25 in a Spuhr 13 mil (44.4 MOA) mount on a flat base and it zeros at 100 yards with 1/2 mil down left before the erector bottoms in the main tube and all of the elevation travel available. As I understand it, the Spuhr mount was designed for the S&B. I love it when a plan comes together.

Joe

My question has been answered by you guys, thanks. So it would be a common occurrence. It's going to be going on a near scope base, which i think has 25 moa cant. I guess i could have gone more, but i didn't know at the time.
What's got me thinking though, is he zeroed the PH with only ~12mils left, he told me he used a 20 moa base. Where i have a zeroed Mark 4 8.5-25 M5, with 16 mils left; also on a 20 moa base. The premier has 96 moa total elevation adjustment, and the mark 4 only 85 moa.
Very Peculiar.
Thanks for the help.