• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.3 - .6 MOA accuracy at 1000 yds in a 5.56? A bit hard to swallow.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I like Bushnell scopes, but if advertising something as Tier 1, I probably wouldn't put a Bushnell on it and set it in a Caldwell rest. JMHO.

1572008815988.png

IMHO it would need to be a dead calm day to achieve what they're claiming.

Those results with factory ammo, magazine fed and that barrel length would be impressive if someone could prove it in actual field conditions.

That fucking ugly dumpster fire. Who was thinking that horse dick sheath forend was a good idea?

How did they even test that MOA claim? 1K yard indoor range? I call BS marketing wank either way.

Last edited:
    as we all know accuracy is one thing reputability is another

but at least someone is thinking out of the box for a try

not just another AR using mil spec parts that is supposed to be different some how...even though it uses the same parts???

Beautiful rifle and the price is very reasonable if it does what they claim.

Maybe @Lowlight can get one to review.

Agree that it would be great if they would send one to Lowlight for testing/evaluation.

Absent that I'm leaning towards marketing hype being the biggest factor in the gun's accuracy...

Reactions: DIBBS and Maggot
    Which "Federal Match" ammo/bullet and how fast?

R

From their website:

Drake was able to achieve while using this Button Barrel an average of .6-.7 MOA with the best documented group on this rifle system at .366 MOA using Federal 77 gr. OTM Ammunition. Drake was also seeing bolt action like muzzle velocities averaging 2737 FPS with this ammunition.

From their website:

Drake was able to achieve while using this Button Barrel an average of .6-.7 MOA with the best documented group on this rifle system at .366 MOA using Federal 77 gr. OTM Ammunition. Drake was also seeing bolt action like muzzle velocities averaging 2737 FPS with this ammunition.

Unless they are shooting at 5k or better DA I'm showing this load transitioning before 1k .

R

Reactions: tnichols
    0 MPH - Full value:

1572015508105.png

3 MPH - Full Value:

1572015581919.png

.5 MOA at 1K. Right... If so, it's pure luck. Not even accounting for vertical dispersion, which would most definitely be present of course.

Reactions: Centuriator
    That fucking ugly dumpster fire. Who was thinking that horse dick sheath forend was a good idea?

How did they even test that MOA claim? 1K yard indoor range? I call BS marketing wank either way.
    Could you imagine how tall the ceiling would need to be?

Agreed! That lower is like an AR condom with a hole in the end. It's a 1/3MOA Piss Idiot Ass Tart :LOL:

"Drake Associates is showing off their Athena Precision Chassis Rifle, originally developed to meet U.S. military needs for a semiautomatic sniper rifle."
    Fucking Shameless attempt to market a stupid design the military laughed at.

Hmm let's make an AR that when you pull the rear take down pin you can't Fucking take it down!!!! Brilliant
    Oh and let's make a 18" barrel 5.56 Ar weigh 9lbs without the optic!

Are these the same guys that made this?
    1572018029250.png

I bet the groups were shot by the chick on the flyer also....It must be that spectacularly (UGLY) hand guard with the serrations on the edge so that it can hold the pile Bullshit that they are claiming........:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

The claimed accuracy is on par with this:

I can do that noq if I do my part . 3 shot 1/4 inch groups all day .

Hi,

Anytime a firearm company uses a Gun Bunny in its' magazine article or other marketing data I just have to laugh.
    Do they seriously think that in any way, shape or form "legitimizes" their claims or shit??

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Thanks, had to go look at the pic with the gun bunny.
    I like how they added a 4lb acog to the 9lb rifle, but wait it's also decked out with a 45Deg red dot just in case you need to do some cqb with this 15lb turd.
    Oh and the pistol brace is a nice touch just to make sure this piece of gear balances well (Not)!!!

1572028619283.png

This arguably gives the Athena an accuracy advantage. According to Drake, the Athena Precision Chassis Rifle is capable of producing on average .6- to .7-MOA groups at over 1,000 yards, with best groups at just over .3 MOA using commercially produced Federal match-grade ammunition.

Meh,,,
    pocorn.gif

I'm gonna say the 1000 was supposed to be 100. That I can see from an AR style rifle if properly built. If not I want proof, especially being under $2000.

I'm gonna say the 1000 was supposed to be 100. That I can see from an AR style rifle if properly built. If not I want proof, especially being under $2000.

I would probably assume that as well.

Still, it will never beat the AIAXRG (Accuracy International AX-Ray Gun). Release date unknown. Fires 9.4mm caseless Neutrino ammunition - so I've heard. It's around 0.01 MOA at infinity.

1572030924270.png

My AR-15 "build" including a White Oak Armory barrel, Wilde chamber, Geissele SSA-E trigger, BCM rifle length gas system upper, etc. and good glass consistently, using Federal GMM SMKs gives me .25" MOA at 100 yards when I do my part, but could I hold that kind of accuracate at 1000 yards with 5.56 ammo? Hmmmm...doubt it. Could anyone? Possible, but improbable, I'd say.

My AR-15 "build" including a White Oak Armory barrel, Wilde chamber, Geissele SSA-E trigger, BCM rifle length gas system upper, etc. and good glass consistently, using Federal GMM SMKs gives me .25" MOA at 100 yards when I do my part, but could I hold that kind of accuracate at 1000 yards with 5.56 ammo? Hmmmm...doubt it. Could anyone? Possible, but improbable, I'd say.
    By consistently and when you do your part, are we talking 10% of the time? 20%? Or are you putting 5ea 5 shot groups on a piece of paper?

Thanks, had to go look at the pic with the gun bunny.
    I like how they added a 4lb acog to the 9lb rifle, but wait it's also decked out with a 45Deg red dot just in case you need to do some cqb with this 15lb turd.
    Oh and the pistol brace is a nice touch just to make sure this piece of gear balances well (Not)!!!

View attachment 7170777
    Bitches dig big sticks.

By consistently and when you do your part, are we talking 10% of the time? 20%? Or are you putting 5ea 5 shot groups on a piece of paper?

Not quite sure what you are asking. My point is that with my AR build using premium parts, and ammo, I am able to get .25" MOA 5 shot groups 90% of the time or better at 100 yards. But can I do that out to 1000 yards with 5.56 match ammo? I'm not so sure, but I highly doubt it and doubt many others could either. Big difference between shooting tight groups at 100 and out to 1000.

Now what are you asking?

Reactions: Mark Coffey
    Not quite sure what you are asking. My point is that with my AR build using premium parts, and ammo, I am able to get .25" MOA 5 shot groups 90% of the time or better at 100 yards. But can I do that out to 1000 yards with 5.56 match ammo? I'm not so sure, but I highly doubt it and doubt many others could either. Big difference between shooting tight groups at 100 and out to 1000.

Now what are you asking?
    You answered it with 90%.

I think this was just a typo and they accidentally put an extra "0" at the end. lol or more likely, the dude who writes for Guns America wtfever gun review website, lacks reading comprehension and his mind incorrectly interpreted the description from the manufacture's website.