• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

3,871 Yards

mahmoud

Private
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2010
Fl
So I saw the other day that the longest kill by a sniper was 3871 yards using a Tac-50 with an Amax 750 gr. Does anyone else find this very hard to believe?

that pic of the spotter standing in a window has to be a staged pic. no way any experienced guy sets up 12" from a huge window, standing, while the Pesh cat fires from deep in the room. I hate the media....

I tip my hat to all these guys for doing what I was never good enough to do, but there is a huge amount of both luck, as well as a dipshit enemy what will sit there and let you launch round after round at them until one hits.

That said, I have no reason to believe they'd lie about it.

That’s like a 75 mil elevation. Is there any setup capable of that? Also, how do you confirm that hit/kill, especially if there is some nasty mirage? Why the hell would someone even take that shot, outside of a bet?

Reactions: FatBoy
Not sure if I can envision how that prism works. Does it just pretty much superimpose the reticle lower in the field of view as a virtual holdover?

it works great,

We used it to shoot 4000 yards where we needed the 300MOA it provided to extend our reach with a factory 338 shooting factory ammo. Not very well but the TACO Unit will get you there from a 100 yard zero and without compromising your cheek weld

Reactions: SilentStalkr
it works great,

We used it to shoot 4000 yards where we needed the 300MOA it provided to extend our reach with a factory 338 shooting factory ammo. Not very well but the TACO Unit will get you there from a 100 yard zero and without compromising your cheek weld

Shit! Only 4000 yds? I’m not at all impressed! Lmao. These things are cool!

it works great,

Three of the top five longest kills were made with this rifle by Canadian soldiers.

I'd certainly would like one and wish I'd gone with that over the HTI, though it's not a bad rifle. I planned on a Tac-338 but that's on the shelf for now.

According to those in contact with our Canuck brothers , this may not have have happened .
Don’t care either way , personally . I’ve taken ridiculous shots br milling the terrain more than
once . Even if it’s really harassing fire , mini Arty style I’m good with that . I want to believe
someone out distanced the Aussie SAS , but as long as bad guys get dumped I don’t care .