• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 ARs in 1 Build

So is this just for competition ARs? The 556 needs to be utterly reliable in all conditions. Dunno if my seat of the pants gunsmithing is the best for that.

Silent capture spring has no reliability issues I’ve heard of, it also is easier to remove without having to worry about it launching lol

Reactions: Malcolm31
So is this just for competition ARs? The 556 needs to be utterly reliable in all conditions. Dunno if my seat of the pants gunsmithing is the best for that.

Here's the way I view things in the current state of everything when it comes to learning new things.

Right now it's an amazing time to learn things. Think about what is currently available in January 2022
-internet which has
-online ordering of EVERYTHING you need as far as part
-online ordering of tools
- forums like here at The Hide are up where you can post pics, ask questions, ask for opinions and ask for help
-comms are completely up to include sending texts and pics

Personally I don't wanna be stuck when/if the day comes when all of that is down.

All those reasons are also why I bought all the tools I need to work on bolt guns and AR's, bought gear/equipment needed and learned reloading and why I do Form 1 suppressors.

Just food for thought. Might be worth only building 2 uppers vs 3 and buy 2 more lowers/kits even if they are basic mil spec.

I understand money being tight if it is. Most of us have all been there at one time or another.

Here's a few tips

BCM just about ALWAYS has blemished uppers and lowers

Aero Precision has blemished items and may still currently be allowing their 20% off even on the reduced blemished price.

The BCM uppers are NICE and true thermo fit. If building accurate AR15 setups.....thermo fit and also coat barrel extension in some Green Loctite 609 = barrel is about as secured as it gets (I learned this from @padom )

As far as condition of blems....blemished.... the BCM M4 upper, Aero M5 blemished lower and M5 upper......none of them had anything I could even say was a real blemish .....in other words they basically came like new.

Let me also say that you just being in here....reading and posting tells me your IQ is higher than most average guys or below average that build AR's = basically I'm saying you can do it buddy😁👍👍

Just got another email just now from Aero....

20% off Blemished items ends tonight Jan 16th....

It's worth your time to click the link

My M5 AR10 6.5CM build came out VERY NICE!!

I did this with a two upper setup, 5.56 and 300 blackout.

I did a Form 1, SBR'd for one lower, a fully ambi ADM. I used the same upper for both builds (V-Seven, the cheap one w/ M4 extended feed ramps, which is interference fit with the barrels I used).

For the BCG, I went with a lightweight titanium carrier on both as it makes it easier for subs to cycle fully. These are not skeleton carriers, they are M16 style so don't suffer the durability issues of the skeleton bcg's. The buffer is an Odin Works adjustable so you can dial buffer weight in easily. Spring is a flat wire, standard tension. I have the same Superlative Arms gas block on both uppers although I'm switching the 300 blackout gas block from JP due to its side adjustment and adjusting gas with a suppressor on the rifle. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with Riflespeed adjustable gas blocks but they limit the barrel and handguard length you can choose.

Barrels are both Faxon match-grade, 16" for the 5.56 and 10.5 for the 300 blackout.
BCG's are Rubber City Armory on one and a Rainier titanium on the other. The RCA's weren't in stock for months so I relented and went with the Rainier which is identical in weight. My RCA came with the POF roller pin when then were still doing that, the Rainier did not. I purchased the POF roller pin gas key conversion kit and modified the Rainier carrier. So now both are the same weight and both have the roller pin. Bolts didn't seem to matter, RCA in one and a JP in the other. Both use RCA firing pins as their coating is awesome.

i went the "two uppers, one lower" route but hated seeing that lonely, un-matched upper in my safe, so i put together another lower for it...
Same. So much.

Also, I would highly recommend using JP parts for your build or just purchasing a complete JP rifle.

If you’re interested…

Code: 68SS0717

Will save you 10% on JP parts or 5% on complete JP rifles at JPrifles.com

If you have any questions about JP rifles or parts, please let me know.

Reactions: Bluedog82