• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 3 Centuries of Awesome!

poison123

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2009
    US
    Just felt like sharing!

IMG_20120825_1839241.jpg

Re: 3 Centuries of Awesome!

why does one of those look terribly out of place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why does one of those look terribly out of place?</div></div>
    You're right! One of them is made out of PLASTIC!

Sadly I don't think there are many 21st Century guns that aren't made out of plastic now.

Gotta love a SAA.... who can resist spinning the cylinder... not me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emvampyre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why does one of those look terribly out of place?</div></div>
    You're right! One of them is made out of PLASTIC! </div></div>

Every gun in that picture has a plastic part on it. I think the greatest common factor is that they are all .45's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emvampyre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why does one of those look terribly out of place?</div></div>
    You're right! One of them is made out of PLASTIC! </div></div>

Every gun in that picture has a plastic part on it. I think the greatest common factor is that they are all .45's. </div></div>

Not quite..

.45acp, 10mm, 45colt

smile.gif

That's a cool random photo. I'm guessing the wife doesn't appreciate what all those are. But us here at the 'hide do!

smile.gif

-G45

The 1911 is in 10mm? Blasphemy!

I have an HK45c. I like it, but I prefer shooting my 1911. Reminds me that I need a revolver.

The 10mm is what the 1911 should have been chambered in from the start. Damn pistol was made to shoot that cartridge
    smile.gif

Ya I prefer to shoot the 1911/SAA. The HK is the carry piece and thus the one I don't give a shit about losing if I had to actually use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 1911 is in 10mm? Blasphemy!</div></div>

.45acp/1911 old-school guru, Jeff Cooper, thought the 1911 was the ideal platform for the 10mm, after production problems w/ the CZ-style Bren Ten.

Once Colt cut that small piece of metal just over at the slide stop, all the "frame-cracking" complaints disappeared. In fact, that because a design change for all subsequent calibers of Colt's Gov't model in the late '80s ...

All that the 10mm 1911s really need are some beefing-up of the recoil-spring weight (mine runs @ 20lbs) and an EGW f.p. stop to slow slide velocity.

Wilson's mags run great, as do some others. Can be a 9+1 capacity pistol, with the 5" tube generating awesome 10mm ballistics.

Delta-1.jpg

cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes the big bumper pad on the HK ? </div></div>

Thats the HK 10 round mag for the 45c.