• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3 days in Yosemite

Frog05

Sure Shot Night Vision
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Southern Illinois
Going to do a trip out to Commiefornia in October for a wedding. 2 days in Napa and 3 days in Yosemite. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in or around the park? Thanks in advance!

Stay in Jamestown, eat dinner at The Willow , eat breakfast at Woods Creek cafe and whatever you do DON'T stay in Groveland. Thank me later .

Going to do a trip out to Commiefornia in October for a wedding. 2 days in Napa and 3 days in Yosemite. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in or around the park? Thanks in advance!

You didnt mention if youre travelling solo or with spouse? kids? What is the budget.

I almost shit when I realized it but its been 50 years since I was in Yosemite. I camped out and apparantly put my bedrolll down on an underground spring. When I woke up in the morning water had crept up all around the outer liner and I was frozen in till I could work the zipper enough to warm it up. There are some Lodges in the park but theyre really pricey. I looked at AirB&B and they had some nice places for around $100 or less. If possible do the Park during the week, less (that means only a lot) of tourists.

Napa. ...is for the weekend. You would have to be dead to not have a good time in Napa. Lots of red wine...nuff said, but there's a thriving tourist scene .Winery tours are big but youre not far from the coas. If yourve never seen the Pacific its worth the drive. The drive north to Calistoga is beautiful. I dont know where youre from but enjoy California. Despite its human infestation, its the prettiest state of all, IMHO.

My girlfriend at the time had a free pass to the Westin, but its pricey. the Doubletree is nice, or again try AirB&B. You can get some great deals and meet the local folks who will know the best stuff to do.

See sequoia.... Big trees are amazing. Yosemitebis gorgeous. Too bad it is brimming with commie fudgepackers. But it is a mystical place. Before you go... Watch ken burns National,Parks. Gives an appreciation of what we have... And what we lost.

Flooding hetch hetchie valley for Sanfagcisco water supply should go down in history as the worst thing mankind can do to support an urban ****hole.

Sirhr

Stay in Jamestown, eat dinner at The Willow , eat breakfast at Woods Creek cafe and whatever you do DON'T stay in Groveland. Thank me later .
Looks like a great place to visit but it looks to be a little far from the park for us. We might stop in and try The Willow on the way through. Thanks!

See sequoia.... Big trees are amazing. Yosemitebis gorgeous. Too bad it is brimming with commie fudgepackers. But it is a mystical place. Before you go... Watch ken burns National,Parks. Gives an appreciation of what we have... And what we lost.
Sirhr
We plan on checking the Sequoia’s out. As far as the Commies go I’ll be prepared!
5061260A-36DC-47FC-BF01-13BA1EDF903E.jpeg

Wowona Hotel is a solid stop for lunch.
While that close try to visit King's canyon to see Grants grove as well.
Make sure to catch a sunset around El Cap.

R

You didnt mention if youre travelling solo or with spouse? kids? What is the budget.
My girlfriend at the time had a free pass to the Westin, but its pricey. the Doubletree is nice, or again try AirB&B. You can get some great deals and meet the local folks who will know the best stuff to do.
Just me and the wife on this one, I’d like to keep the lodging at $200 and below per night (Preferably below). I spent 5 or 6 days in Yosemite around 12 or 13 years ago and absolutely loved it, hopefully the wife will appreciate as much as I do lol.

Just me and the wife on this one, I’d like to keep the lodging at $200 and below per night (Preferably below). I spent 5 or 6 days in Yosemite around 12 or 13 years ago and absolutely loved it, hopefully the wife will appreciate as much as I do lol.

Try AirB&B. Ive met some nice folks traveling that way.

Wowona Hotel is a solid stop for lunch.
While that close try to visit King's canyon to see Grants grove as well.
Make sure to catch a sunset around El Cap.

R
King’s Canyon looks spectacular! Thanks

Skip the wedding, stay in Yosemite, drink beer and wine there.

-
You can still hike around Yosemite about anywhere, after you buy your admission ticket . I think about the only exception is Now you need to buy a permit to hike Half Dome . if spending a couple days there just get a reservation on a cabin to stay in park . Nights are cold up there even in summer so pack warm for nighttime .

-
You can still hike around Yosemite about anywhere, after you buy your admission ticket . I think about the only exception is Now you need to buy a permit to hike Half Dome . if spending a couple days there just get a reservation on a cabin to stay in park . Nights are cold up there even in summer so pack warm for nighttime .
If we stayed in the park what kind of food options is there inside the park? It looks pretty scarce food wise on the interweb.

If we stayed in the park what kind of food options is there inside the park? It looks pretty scarce food wise on the interweb.

There are a few restaurants in the valley. The nicest is at the big hotel formerly known as the Ahwahnee (now called the magestic). Haven’t been there since it was purchased/renamed. Very cool place. We stayed at the Yosemite Lodge in October a few years back. About $150 a night. I though the room was well kept, and worth the cost given the location. October is a good month to go, not too many people there, and you might get some snow.

Yosemite sounds amazing. People always talk about traveling to other countries, but right here in America we have so much to see.

Sirhr is right about Sequoia... Big time. Prepare to feel insignificant.

I like to camp in the Valley at Camp 4 and up at Tuolumne. There is a lodge near Hetch Hetchy that is very cool. Good brew on tap.

You'll want to drive up to Glacier Point.

Reactions: thejeep